Something Vik this way comes!

• Thread starter drmosh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Holy immaculate oiled tits on a dolphin. So much fucking wow, I need to punch myself. Can't wait to see that polished up! That's exactly why I want a redwood burl top for the 8 string run on here. Bravo dude.

If you do not post a video clip of this when the NGD arrives, this forum might crash. Our fate is now in your hands.

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
I gotta know how that snakewood was to work with for the FB. I hear it can be difficult to work with, but I want to work it into my next build.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Is there a reason you didn't want to try doing the snakewood opposite the burl on the headstock? Almost too much maple tones in that headstock with the binding too...

Regardless, Vik's work is, again, PHENOMENAL!

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a reason you didn't want to try doing the snakewood opposite the burl on the headstock? Almost too much maple tones in that headstock with the binding too...

Regardless, Vik's work is, again, PHENOMENAL!

IIRC Vik sent me pictures (this was a while ago) and the maple just looked better. It fits with the ivory tuners and control knobs, the swamp ash bits that are visible in the cut-outs and the binding on the body and neck. If you look at the guitar in its entirety it makes more sense.

327216_460589300648218_391072098_o.jpg

Also, the logo will be on that part too so it won't look quite so "overmapled" :)

kruneh

Reaction score
Amazing!
How many times do I need to say how much I love this one.. :D

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
bonertime

Just look at that friggin' binding! holy fuckballs!
IMG_2453.jpg

Sanded back and nitro lacquered, It's alive!
IMG_2455.jpg

')