Song demo made with Torpedo Live, Mark V - Some feedback please!

• Thread starter garithulu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

garithulu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I recorded a song idea that i have, mainly to look for a drummer and singer, if you guys happen to know one in south florida (boward county - miami) Let me know!!! Besides that i would like to know what you guys think about the song overall and the guitar tone, i don't know how well i did in the mix but I'm learning.

The gear I used: MusicMan JP 13 7 String, Pro Tone Dead Horse Deluxe Overdrive, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Torpedo Live.

Thank you!!

https://soundcloud.com/garitos-e-thulu/song-idea-1

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shammas

Reaction score
Just off a quick listen, I'd say to tame the bass a little (compression, dial out the 150-200hz range, maybe even turn it down a little), compress and parallel compress the drums, dial back the midrange on the kick drum, boost the snare in the 100-200 hz range for more fullness. Maybe the guitars are contributing to the low end mud, so high pass those a little more aggressively. Hope this was helpful!

garithulu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Shammas thank you!

Yea it is really helpfull gonna do that now, i also think the drums sound horrible :/

garithulu

Contributor
Reaction score
I think drums kick freq is fighting with bass freq, I'm gonna try Superior Drummer

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
I'm way too beginner when it comes to mixing however, fwiw, I appreciate that the song doesn't sound like another copy of the same old thing over again. Nice original tune that I was happy to listen to all the way through :)

Good luck in finding the rest of the band and future success :yesway:

')