Song from my band's album! Give me some help with mixing these vocals <3

• Thread starter Larcher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I'd probably bring the instruments down a tad/bring the vocals up.

They sound like there's way to much verb/air in the vocals, not really sure how to fix it though as I've had no experience mixing vocals (Yay for bedroom recording :lol:)

Neat song though, also maybe play around with the automation of the ride in the start, sounds pretty fake just in that one part.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
alright! I'll give that a try, and yeah, there is a fuck load of reverb, I think I will remove it, or most of it :scratch:

Vanzeplica

Reaction score
What Mic did you use, any compressors, preamps, eq etc... Try Google or Youtube on how to record really abrasive vocals and go from there. Sorry if I wasn't much help, I've never tried to record vocals

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
I think the vocals sound fine.

I prefer production that sounds different than the norm. Everything sounds so damn samey these days it's disgusting. A lot of a band's sound can come from production. I think bands like BTBAM and Dream Theater could use some heavy studio adjustments. They sound so dry and bland it's disgusting.

Do your own thing and don't try to sound like everything else!

Latest posts

')