Songs/Bands that are Serious but make you laugh instead

• Thread starter samdaman87
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I love Cannibal corpse but vocalist, George Fisher sings/growls a line in the song, "Disfigured" that always makes me a grin. The line is, "To grab a lighter on the counter" and is at 1:49.

GoreNotCore

Reaction score
How about an entire genre? Power Metal... like how can anyone take any of that seriously?

Rosal76

Reaction score
I love Michael Jackson, Eddie Van Halen, the song "Beat it" and 80's music but cannot keep a straight face watching this live performance of the said song. When Michael says "you got it Eddie, Eddie, Eddie" at 2:40 right before the solo... :lol: For a song, lyrically, that is supposed be about toughness, the video did not match.

Cnev

Reaction score
I LOVE KC, but this song is hilarious and Belew makes it pretty much impossible to watch this video with a straight face. Oh, and I can't forget to mention Fripp's lovely grinning creeper camera stares.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I love Michael Jackson, Eddie Van Halen, the song "Beat it" and 80's music but cannot keep a straight face watching this live performance of the said song. When Michael says "you got it Eddie, Eddie, Eddie" at 2:40 right before the solo... :lol: For a song, lyrically, that is supposed be about toughness, the video did not match.

MJ could make Beat It work, but Bad was absolutely ridiculous. At least Beat It was about other people who are tough. Bad was based on the premise that Michael himself is tough, and there is no man on the planet less threatening than Michael Jackson.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
That's an easy one!

Traitors to me just have ridiculous vocals. It sounds so bad to me that I just laugh! Don't get me wrong, there's some downtempo/beatdown stuff out there that I enjoy, like Black Tongue, but these guys make Black Tongue look like tech-death. :lol: And the vocals... ugh... sounds like he's screaming through a pillow!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Nobody is making you read this, nobody is making you post, nobody even invited you...you just showed up and pooped in everyone's cereal...why?

Well, technically he just showed up to criticize you guys for pooping in everyone's cereal.

And I'd say the one thing that makes me laugh (cringe?) at songs that were written as serious is crappy lyrics. And there are SO many songs with embarrassingly bad lyrics. And unfortunately many of them are metal songs.

Orgalmer

Chuggasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but any band that has their lyrics printed in the album insert with spelling errors gets a ton of laughs from me.

JFAC I'm looking at you!

Abaddon9112

Reaction score
I never got the impression that Dying Fetus were trying to make you laugh, but I find John Gallagher's vocal style utterly hilarious. The first time I heard them I thought that the singer was, in fact, an African warthog. Or generating vocals by burping. Gotta love DF, man.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Most bands with overly political lyrics, especially when they weren't like that before.

e.g.: Enter Shikari, Architects.

Can't take them seriously anymore.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Swedish Core band wtf??? One of the worst song writing skills I have ever seen

*FACEPALM*

Just read the lyrics

Well, the entire song is basically Knee Deep by JFAC and then the same riff I've heard a billion times in every metalcore song.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
MJ could make Beat It work, but Bad was absolutely ridiculous. At least Beat It was about other people who are tough. Bad was based on the premise that Michael himself is tough, and there is no man on the planet less threatening than Michael Jackson.
Well, the level of composing and musical genius wasn't exactly the same in thriller and bad. Thriller didn't go breaking all the records just because it was merely good.

I'd post a Versailles video here but I know there are some fans around and I'm not fond of receiving rotten tomatoes. :D

stevexc

Reaction score
The vocals at like 0:25 or so are my favorite thing every. DAH DOO DAH DOO DAHHHHH DAH DOO DAH DOO DAHHH

Also the second (third?) line in this track. So overly badass it makes me laugh. I love it.

samdaman87

Metal Cholo
Reaction score
I Love his energy it makes me laugh! It likes yeah I dont give a shit that I am in jail here is my heart to you guys!

')