Songs in Eb to learn...

• Thread starter jam3v
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Megadeth - Youthanasia
Sepultura - Chaos A.D. (exception on the song Kiowas)
Anthrax - Sound of White Noise

I am pretty sure that those are mostly in Eb

Last edited:

rifft

Reaction score
Rust in Peace is definitely all in standard.

Also, massive necrobump!

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Youthanasia has a lot of near - Eb tunings AFAIK. Its somewhere between E and Eb

PS...BWB? and KIMB are tuned a quarter step below E
Countdown, RIP and SFWGSW are in E standard
Youthanasia is Eb standard

I think everything after that is E standard, except Super Collider in D last I checked.

aprilia4life

Reaction score
Necrobump acknowledged!

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned, but just download (the free) Audacity software and use the 'Change Pitch' Effect on an audio file and just change the pitch to Eb. Obviously if you change the pitch for a low tuned song like F# Standard 1st Octave it will sound like devil worship music, but songs tuned in C - E should be fine. For a free application it's f'ing amazing.

Vocals might/will sound a bit off but it won't restrict you to Eb tuned songs. Some songs actually sound better lower tuned ;)

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
gimme-dabajabaza_5573.jpg

Because someone had to. :)

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
A lot of j-rock is in Eb if you're into that kind of stuff, and it's great music for practice your ear with.

Anyways, you should download Amazing Slow Downer. Super helpful tool that changes speed, pitch and all that kinda stuff.

MatthewK

Reaction score
False News Travel Fast by Sonata Arctica
Speed of Light by Stratovarius

Those are the first ones that come to my mind.

Bforber

Reaction score
All but I think 3 songs off of Kezia, (Heretics and Killers, Divine Suicide of K and uhh... I think Bury the Hatchet,) by Protest the Hero are in Eb standard and all but 2 songs off their latest album (Mist and I can't remember the other) are in Eb standard as well.

Someone mentioned Never Enough by DT; I'm pretty sure that song is in D standard, but for a challenge, Stream of Consciousness is an excellent song as previously mentioned.

I think most people have everything covered though.

s4tch

Reaction score
My 'Eb_playalong' playlist include:

- Extreme! Nuno is a beast, and most Extreme tunes are in either Eb, or drop Db.
- Yngwie :wub: Love the guy, though I can't play all of his stuff. Don't blame me. Marching out is a fun record, though.
- Testament - The Ritual. Best solo work on any thrash metal record, period.
- Harem Scarem - Mood Swings. Best solos on any hard rock record, period. :lol: I dig Pete Lesperance, Mood Swings is one of my favorite records of all time, and those songs are challenging and fun to play at the same time.
- Both DT songs in Eb :D (Stream of consciousness and Root of all evil)
- Youthanasia
- a Slayer compilation

Herrick

Hello Mangs
Reaction score
Necrobump acknowledged!

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned, but just download (the free) Audacity software and use the 'Change Pitch' Effect on an audio file and just change the pitch to Eb. Obviously if you change the pitch for a low tuned song like F# Standard 1st Octave it will sound like devil worship music, but songs tuned in C - E should be fine. For a free application it's f'ing amazing.

Vocals might/will sound a bit off but it won't restrict you to Eb tuned songs. Some songs actually sound better lower tuned ;)

I'll have to give Audacity a try. Best Practice hasn't been working for me. Program freezes a lot :(

')