Songs in Eb to learn...

• Thread starter jam3v
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jam3v

wat
Reaction score
I recently had to tune down my (only) guitar to Eb for gigging.

I was re-learning / cleaning up Metropolis Pt. 1 before this, but I need to put that on pause.

What are some good songs / bands in Eb other than Van Halen and the rest of the 80's hair metal stuff? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
Cannibal Corpse
Yngwie
Stream of consciousness (Dream Theater)
Some Deftones.
Old Nevermore (Dropped Eb to C#)
Iced Earth
Katatonia (Epic Band)
Morbid Angel
Psycroptic (Dropped Eb to C#)
Evile
Testament
The Haunted

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
Depends on what type(s) of metal you play. If you are looking to improve your rhythm chops, learn some Iced Earth. Also, the Rusty Cooley/Outworld stuff is all in Eb tuning.

Beyond that, just get BestPractice. It's a free application to change the pitch/speed of any MP3 file. If you use your computer as a practice tool, you need BestPractice. Just drop the pitch of any song in standard tuning by 1/2 step, and play along.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Austin's right on the money, learn pretty much every Iced Earth song and make that right wrist a fucking machine gun sounding motherfucker when it comes to triplets/gallops.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Slayer!!!!
Also, very many Black Sabbath songs post-"Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" are all in Eb.

jam3v

wat
Reaction score
Depends on what type(s) of metal you play. If you are looking to improve your rhythm chops, learn some Iced Earth. Also, the Rusty Cooley/Outworld stuff is all in Eb tuning.

Beyond that, just get BestPractice. It's a free application to change the pitch/speed of any MP3 file. If you use your computer as a practice tool, you need BestPractice. Just drop the pitch of any song in standard tuning by 1/2 step, and play along.

Sweet! I'll just continue learning what I want to learn and tune accordingly.

I had a WinAmp plugin that changed pitch, but it wasn't accurate to actually defining a tuning.

Thanks!

jam3v

wat
Reaction score
I loved Iced Earth's album with the Spawn cover back in the day, so I'll look at that too!

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Some off the top of my head.....

Slayer -Almsot their whole catalog except newer stuff.
Alice in Chains - Man in the box, Check my brain
Sweet Child O Mine :lol:
Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on parade
As I lay Dying - Within Destruction

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Protest the Hero - Scurrilous

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Slayer was the reason I first ditched those little 9-42s in standard way back in the South Of Heaven days. Thanks Slayer for inspiring me to begin "manning up" (or actually manning down) (lol).

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Half of the bay area thrash is in Eb, including 95% of metallica, Slayer, Testament etc. Add older Judas Priest and you have a healthy repertoire of songs to work with.

ImBCRichBitch

Reaction score
Alice In Chains, Van Halen, Snuff- Slipknot, Some Seether is down, and then you have some bands that perform songs in standard in Eb when they do covers.

')