Songs that hit too close to home...

• Thread starter sniperfreak223
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghost2II2

Reaction score
I can think of a few that particularly hit so hard after my Mother passed away a few years ago that I avoid like the plague unless I'm willing to accept the fallout.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tomsargent

Reaction score
An ex-girlfriend of mine passed away a little over a year ago due to a car crash. I wasn't in the car with her, or dating her at the time, but she was still a really good friend. I have to skip this song when it comes up on my iPod:

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
My submission for this thread actually hit very close to home for me in two different ways...my girlfriend and I were together once before the current time we are now, and this is "our" song. We broke up once for stupid reasons, not really the right time in our lives to be together I guess, and this went from being such a happy song to listen to, to being one that every time it came on anywhere, I had to turn it off.

No matter how long it had been since everything had happened, I absolutely could not get over her no matter how hard I tried, and hearing this song at that time pretty much guaranteed I was going to lose my shit and cry, or just have her back on my mind again all day, with the tears never far away. And then amazingly, a few months ago, we just kinda organically found our way back into each other's lives, and are together again, and miraculously, this became a happy song for me again, hitting too close to home in the best way imaginable. I'm one incredibly lucky dude. :D

Eryalus

Reaction score

Was my one of my favourite tunes back in a relationship a few years ago, and she passed :/ so it's a bittersweet hit to the feels.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes I almost tear up when I listen to Sum by Meshuggah, especially in the context of listening to the entire album. I dunno why it gets me but it's just like.. so intense. Lyrically, I wouldn't say it "hits close to home", considering I don't even know all the lyrics... is it possible for just the music itself to "hit close to home"?

Ohhh yeah it is, man. Not sure if this thread is interested in this style but this one can bring me down to earth in a second.

Nimrod by Edward Elgar. The story behind him writing this piece is also a tear-jerker.

Actually the story behind him writing all of the variations is amazing. Elgar was amazing.

')