Sorta NGD: Gretsch

• Thread starter Bones43x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bones43x

Reaction score
I actually got this Gretsch G6131T-TVP Power Jet about 3 weeks ago in a trade. It’s a 2005 Japanese model. This guitar has really surprised me. In recent years, I’ve come to appreciate single coils and more interesting, harmonically rich tones. This guitar doesn’t disappoint in that area. It’s extremely lightweight and resonant.
6524FD1A-3284-47AD-B5D6-5219EDC7A985.jpeg

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
That is the humbucker model. I used to have a black Duo Jet single coil model. Gretsch is super underrated. Especially the Japanese models are amazing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bones43x

Reaction score
That is the humbucker model. I used to have a black Duo Jet single coil model. Gretsch is super underrated. Especially the Japanese models are amazing.

I didn’t mean to imply that it had single coils, if I did. This one has the slightly hotter of the TV Jones variants, but they’re still lower output and brighter than most humbuckers. I prefer that cutting, harmonic tone, and it’s more like single coils.