Soul Calibur V

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
soulcalibur5-title.jpg

Yep, it's coming. Fighting game fans who love using weapons rejoice! :woot:

It's set 17 years after Soul Calibur IV, Sigfried is 39 (no more Link voice I assume) and no longer holds the Soul Calibur. A new protagonist named Patroklos (son of Sophitia) takes centre stage.

siegfried-sc5.png

patroklos-sc5.png

Also an interview with Hisaharu Tago regarding the game:

While Samurai Showdown and the Guilty Gear/Blazblue series are still my favorite armed fighting games, I'm definitely looking forward to this.

2011 really is the year of fighting games! :flex:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daiephir

likes peanut butter
Reaction score
So who's gonna be the exclusive characters in each console version this time? (I would very much like to have Thor or Odin in there somewhere :lol:)

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
So who's gonna be the exclusive characters in each console version this time? (I would very much like to have Thor or Odin in there somewhere :lol:)

Guest character appearances are defintely confirmed, but no details have been given as of yet.

The Create-a-Character mode also returns, so even having player-generated guest characters will also be an option like the past 2 games.

bring on the jiggle.

Did I mention Dead Or Alive - Dimensions is also coming out? :rofl:

bigreddestroyer

Reaction score
I really hope this has an awesome story mode and shed loads of stuff to do like the newest Mortal Kombat. SC4 had awesome fighting, but not a lot else going for it.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I really hope this has an awesome story mode and shed loads of stuff to do like the newest Mortal Kombat. SC4 had awesome fighting, but not a lot else going for it.

:agreed: The tower became way too difficult on the last 10 floors.

Reaction score
Big Fan here, play since soul edge, and will play again and again. Would like to play an old Mitsurugi. Something like Heihachi with a sword LOL.

Tomo009

Reaction score
2011 really is the year of fighting games! :flex:
Sure is seeming like it, I'm getting way further into them than ever before as well. Never attempted to play at all competitively in any before this year.

:agreed: The tower became way too difficult on the last 10 floors.
You mean in MK9? I can't really remember the first 10 floors but nothing had me stuck for more than 30 mins until 185. If you think the start is difficult, good luck :cool:

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
I played them up to number III, I might buy this though. Provided that Setsuka is in it though :squint:

Tomo009

Reaction score
I played them up to number III, I might buy this though. Provided that Setsuka is in it though :squint:

Well 4 was so much better than 3, in fact I think you left on the worst int he series right there. :lol: Without Kilik and Maxi, SC4 would have been absolutely amazing imo. Those 2 were designed to be broken from the beginning.

EDIT: At least online, offline it was a bit more balanced, Kilik was still mash-friendly though.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
I swear Maxi died in III though, what the hell?
Didnt like Maxi when I played sc3 anyway, thought he was a bit of a bellend.
Setsuka is still my favourite, anything interesting happen to her storyline-wise? I'm not worried about spoilers.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
IV was the last one for me, I think. I'm not saying it wasn't a good game; I guess it was... I just simply lost interest in it after about 2-3 weeks. I think my long-standing love affair with fighting games is perhaps behind me.. :(

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
You mean in MK9? I can't really remember the first 10 floors but nothing had me stuck for more than 30 mins until 185. If you think the start is difficult, good luck :cool:

I'm referring to the tower in SC4.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Big Fan here, play since soul edge, and will play again and again. Would like to play an old Mitsurugi. Something like Heihachi with a sword LOL.

This would be nice. SNK did it with Haohmaru for SS Warrior's Rage, and it was priceless. :lol: Shame that game sucked though... :(

EDIT:

I swear Maxi died in III though, what the hell?
Didnt like Maxi when I played sc3 anyway, thought he was a bit of a bellend.
Setsuka is still my favourite, anything interesting happen to her storyline-wise? I'm not worried about spoilers.

Maxi survived III but with a fragment of the Soul Edge. The hint of evil slowly got more apparent on the latter games.

As for Setsuka, her story's a bit more ambiguous (as with most endings in SCIV). We'll have to wait until V to find out where she fits in the canon.

Tomo009

Reaction score
Bloody Inferno said:
As for Setsuka, her story's a bit more ambiguous (as with most endings in SCIV). We'll have to wait until V to find out where she fits in the canon.

How is Soul Calibur V's cannon even going to work, I mean going on past iterations they can bend the story to their whim but seriously it's based off Siegfried's ending? I just don't see how that can be cannon.

Whole world covered in crystals? Huh? And I thought Siegfried sacrificed himself in his ending....

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
If there's anything to learn from the history of every fighting game story line, is that they're the most convoluted form of telling a story and that even the main character's ending can be non-canon. Ryu didn't win SF2, so we can only assume that Sigfried's SCIV ending may have not actually happened... and wait for what Namco comes up with.

Tomo009

Reaction score
If there's anything to learn from the history of every fighting game story line, is that they're the most convoluted form of telling a story and that even the main character's ending can be non-canon. Ryu didn't win SF2, so we can only assume that Sigfried's SCIV ending may have not actually happened... and wait for what Namco comes up with.

But I thought Namco already announced Siegfried's ending was cannon? At least that's what I've been reading everywhere. Not that it would surprise me if they said it was cannon then did a 180 and say everything fixed itself after a month or something.

Latest posts

')