Soul Calibur V

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
But I thought Namco already announced Siegfried's ending was cannon? At least that's what I've been reading everywhere. Not that it would surprise me if they said it was cannon then did a 180 and say everything fixed itself after a month or something.

Sounds like the Street Fighter stories all over again (sans mistranslations). Judging from the OP teaser, looks like they're gonna do just that. I wasn't paying attention at the time about Namco announcing Sigfried's ending confirmed canon, but looks like all that's changed now.

Changes, mistranslations, jokes and fanfiction did give birth to some memorable moments in fighting games (Gouki/Akuma).

EDIT: Also notice that both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur are now short swords this time around.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Phyrra Alexandra... Sophitia's daughter now confirmed as a character.

pyrrha-alexandra-sketch.jpg

And the first official screenshot:

sc5firstscreen.jpg

Oh, hello Mitsurugi! :D

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
needs moar oversized titz

WAIT!!
thats not what i meant

honestly, ive been a huge fan of the soul calibur series.

since finding out about this release, ive been back playing 4
i had to start fresh cause my old 360 hdd went kaput :(
what really sucks, is that its going to be hard to get enough honors to get all the gear, cause no one plays online at all anymore

Tomo009

Reaction score
Ok so her name is Natsu.

Plus a new character named Zwei:

zwei-sc5artwork.jpg

And a classic returns:

ivy-sc5artwork.jpg

Couldn't get any smaller pics. Sorry.

Ah so it's this Zwei guy, he looks pretty cool. Model not quite as great, but I'm still eager to see how he plays.

Ivy looks the same as always. :lol:

EDIT:
In one image Natsu appears to not be holding her swords and is twirling them. Kind of strange.

Also looks like Zwei actually fights with a more "average" grip. At least he does in all the screenshots.

Reaction score
Woohoo! Mitsurugi is as awesome as ever! I only play the game with Mitsurugi, so the new characters interest me only if they are
a)Females
b)Females with nice bodies
c)Females with nice bodies and less coverage LOL

I am all in! It looks fantastic!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
xianghua-and-leixhua.jpg

Xianghua returns, now with 16 year old daughter Leixhua. Assume that both characters are playable.

Also:

Natsu and Zwei in action.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
why are their 4 characters with a short sword and shield? Sophitia, and then the two kids and the other one i never played that was basically sophitia 2. Lizard man too if you count him in is 5.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
As long as taki or a character that plays just like her is in the game, I'll be happy.

bigreddestroyer

Reaction score
No no no no NO!
It looks to me like they've put in the game Street Fighter-esque Super moves and (most likely) hyper combos...
WHY?!?!?!

Tomo009

Reaction score
why are their 4 characters with a short sword and shield? Sophitia, and then the two kids and the other one i never played that was basically sophitia 2. Lizard man too if you count him in is 5.

I think the idea is Sophitia/Cassandra won't be playable.

No no no no NO!
It looks to me like they've put in the game Street Fighter-esque Super moves and (most likely) hyper combos...
WHY?!?!?!

They look absolutely nowhere near as damaging, can't really judge how easy meter is to build/supers are to land/punish etc though.

')