Sound like Meshuggah

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Hey seven stringers!

I wanted to get a cool Meshuggah-esque tone with a tube amp. The goal wasn't to recreate an exact album tone since every single album has a different overall sound. I just wanted to create a simple Meshuggah-type tone with a guitar, an amp and a pedal.

I chose the Dual Rectifier as they used these amps during their 7-string days and those tones are pretty crushing imho. Of course I used my M80M. No other guitar will get you closer to their tone (except the M8M probably).

I used my Laney Steelpark boost as it's a very powerful boost since you can cut bass and treble (tone). So it works really well for 8-string. Bass at 0 and treble at 10, kinda like the sound of the Fortin 33.

The riffs and playing aren't Meshuggah because I can't play like them so I had to make my own more simple riffs....

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Sounded sick. Meshuggah, when they were using rectifiers, we're famous for making the TC Electronic Integrated Preamp famous. So you happen to know if the Steelpark is a take on that? Or is it simply an overdrive that happens to have a similar-ish filter shape?

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Sounded sick. Meshuggah, when they were using rectifiers, we're famous for making the TC Electronic Integrated Preamp famous. So you happen to know if the Steelpark is a take on that? Or is it simply an overdrive that happens to have a similar-ish filter shape?

The latter I believe. It's the same idea. Cutting lows, boosting treble (and mids) and boosting the level.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds great. Obviously the boost is the magic bullet. What would it sound like if you played the same riff with your own tone?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Peper's Dirty Tree is a pedal you should def check out. It's a TC preamp and 33 in one. I got one awhile back and loved it besides the fact it didn't work with most SS amps.