Soundcard Upgrade

• Thread starter demonlord78
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

demonlord78

Reaction score
Hey dudes,
I'm looking to upgrade my soundcard to something better. I'm currently using a crappy Audigy Sound Blaster with a Behringer Eurodesk mixer as my interface. I've heard good things about the PreSonus Firepod and the M-Audio Delta 1010. I'm basically using it for home recording so I'm looking for something within the $200-$500 range. Nothing too high dollar but a good quality soundcard. What do you all recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man. The 1010 has quite a few inputs and outputs. If you want to record several mics at once, it's great.
I'm looking for a new soundcard too, and since I only want to line in 1 instrument at a time (I still need two outputs for my monitors, though), something like the E-mu 0404, Delta 44 and Audiophile will do fine.

My 1,000,000 cents.

Coryd

Reaction score
I've heard Delta 44s are really good. A buddy of mine has one and said he has had it for years with no problems.

friendforafoe

Chugga+Djent=Happy
Contributor
Reaction score
I just ordered me a firepod :hbang: from what i've heard in regards to audio quality, it's amazing. 24-bit audio with a very high sampling rate? sign me up, and they're about $300 so they're not too pricey. just make sure you've got a firewire port though

demonlord78

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm leaning more towards the Firestudio myself because I heard that they discontinued the Firepod. After spending the better part of my lunch hour yesterday doing research, PreSonus seems like a better product. I think Bulb uses the Firepod or Firestudio and his results are nothing short of amazing so if I purchase the Firestudio I'm sure I'll be on the right path. They have a new Firestudio Tube that caught my interest as well so I'm somewhat torn between the two.

smueske

Reaction score
I haven't used firewire, but the latency is higher than a PCI card. If you are using a laptop, then firewire is probably your best option, but if using a PC, then perhaps look at a PCI. The Delta 1010 would have lower latency.

jeb

Reaction score
Hi!!

At the band practice room, we use a presonus FP-10!! Amazing product! At home I use a echo audio layla 3g.. pretty the same product of the new audiofire line... Those interfaces are the best bang for the buck I think! Those converters in those echo product are just awsome! And the big advantage of the m-audio product is that you can use protools has your host and you can use some extremely hot plugins that we don't have on vst. McDsp AC 1 is a great exemple.

So my final advice is to look at those echo product!

Jeb

')