SoundCloud or Soundclick?

Omega_Shred

Oroku Saki
Reaction score
And why?

I have both, but I'm wondering if there's any preference?

Where do you go to listen to new original music?
Or where do you go to browse music in general?

I can browse SoundCloud and find some really killer guitarists and it's really cool to listen to other like minded musicians.

I haven't used Soundclick as proactively but since its inception, my profile hasn't amassed many views or much publicity. Now of course I need to do my part. But!......SoundCloud just seems more lively.

Oh and please most definitely post a link to your music pages! Whichever or both if you have both!

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/metal-ideas

Soundclick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1327928

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Icecold

Reaction score
I give it to Soundcloud because it is much easier to upload music. The downside is that it can be hard to talk with people who enjoy your music without commenting on your own song. Soundclick feels like Myspace circa 2007. Everything is there, but difficult to navigate. Both have their issues, but if Soundcloud becomes more communication friendly and they take a stronger action on bots, I would put it head and shoulders above Click.

wat

Reaction score
My old ass operating system can't run a browser version recent enough to load soundcloud

me when i see soundloud links

graf1.gif

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
soundcloud has a much larger user base, and its a lot more common to see non musicians going there to discover stuff, particularly for electronic music. my roomate found a bunch of dnb producers there

KFW

Reaction score
Soundclick? Maybe in like 2007.

I remember when Soundcloud first came out, I preferred Soundclick because I was used to it. But now Soundclick has one of the most clunky and ugly interfaces ever.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I'm going to deposit all soundcl* names and get fat. Next, soundcluck !

More seriously, I used soundclick and now use soundcloud because manageent and uploading is easier.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Soundclick? Maybe in like 2007.

I remember when Soundcloud first came out, I preferred Soundclick because I was used to it. But now Soundclick has one of the most clunky and ugly interfaces ever.

Exactly. Soundcloud is easy as .... to use. :lol:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I have both and I really prefer soundcloud. I have some great stuff on my soundclick, but as was said above, soundclick's interface is the visual equivalent of fertilizer. :lol:

Omega_Shred

Oroku Saki
Reaction score
Bummer, so you use Soundclick more often?

They have newer laptops that are pretty reasonably priced if you're just looking for something to browse on.

Omega_Shred

Oroku Saki
Reaction score
Ahh!! Thanks for pointing that out hahah, what a fool.

And thanks for sharing! See what I mean? Awesome metal musicians everywhere.

Really heavy stuff you have here, I will definitely keep up to date.

I encourage everyone to post their links as well!

noise in my mind

Reaction score
One thing I like about soundclick is that when someone listens to a song off your page there are no hearts or comments to make you biased in anyway by choosing a song. You only have a limited amount of time on soundcloud which kinda sucks, but that's business so it's understandable.

Omega_Shred

Oroku Saki
Reaction score
But it is nice to know when your music is being appreciated because a lot of people will listen and move on, no comments or anything, and I for one appreciate the communication between artists and listeners to let me know when my art is becoming too visceral.

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
it might have changed but Soundclick used to be a very limited bitrate. Soundcloud is far more international too. Reverbnation also seems to be dying a slow death, really only Soundcloud and Bandcamp which are used nowadays...