Southern metal?

• Thread starter alexmurphy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alexmurphy

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure ETID is from Buffalo. How are they southern metal? Just wondering. :scratch:

their music is influenced by the south, especially in "The Big Dirty." read their lyrics. They dont have to be from the south to sound southern.

ugg im kyle said:
Also, from my town,
Bro Jovi on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
(also giving a friend some exposure!)
But it really is great shit!

really...:noplease:

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
holy fuckin balls you guys left out THE BEST southern metal band!!

EYEHATEGOD

song is SOUTHERN discomfort

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
Rwake (Arkansas).

Zoroaster (Georgia).

Weedeater (North Carolina. Their most recent tour was postponed because one of them shot his toe off while cleaning his shotgun. Doesn't get much more redneck)

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
Redneck for me sells it, plus they're really open about being from...I believe they put it, "Richmond-mother-fucking-Virginia" :lol:

:yesway: I would definitely consider LoG a southern band, especially on Sacrament. The riffs are extremely bluesy and the lyrics have always seemed to have a southern edge to it. (particularly on Sacrament and As the Palaces Burn)

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Nice to see Southern Metal getting some love. Also good to see Zoroaster's latest posted up top. That video wins.

You guys that dig this shit should probably keep an eye on this if you haven't already.

Necky379

Reaction score
down has been said before i know but let me emphasize, LISTEN TO DOWN. also He is Legend are pretty southern sounding. how about Corrosion of Conformity? southern sounding as hell and a kick ass band.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I'd also like to serve up some good shit if you don't mind. It might not all be 100% southern but its heavy, slow and thick not to mention in the same vein as all the rest. :metal:

Egypt

Elder

Warhorse

And my personal fav, these guys are the shit. The guitarist is a cool guy as well:

Black Pyramid

Aurochs34

SDMF, mofos
Reaction score
:yesway: I would definitely consider LoG a southern band, especially on Sacrament. The riffs are extremely bluesy and the lyrics have always seemed to have a southern edge to it. (particularly on Sacrament and As the Palaces Burn)
... i am just gonna leave it that I have personal issues with this kind of thing :lol: this is unfortunately too true :noplease:
BUT, for me, when we're talking about the likes of Down, COC, eyehategod, Crowbar...eh that's Southern Metal. I'll leave it that LoG is influenced by...but that's all I can give because I'm a selfish, close-minded, unyielding music nazi...but hey we're all in good company, right? :lol:

Forgot to put these guys up before...REALLY badass band if you haven't already heard them.

haarp:
haarp on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Youtube has hardly anything, so here's their myspace.

...just realized everything on here is out of NOLA :lol: wow.

malphas

Reaction score
Some of these bands have already been mentioned, but yeah,

Down (saw them live and they are amazing)
Corrosion Of Conformity
Clutch
Eyehategod
Crowbar
Parabellum (from Pensacola FL, still kinda underground, they have played with several of the aforementioned bands and also strangely enough they opened for Nile once.)

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score

Some of their songs have a very southern feel to them, not sure if that counts.

By the way, this is the sludgiest thread I've seen on SS.org so far, I approve.

')