Spastic Ink- to counter and groove in E minor- Bass solo

• Thread starter Subsistence
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my favorite bands Spastic ink , its instrumental progressive metal.
Each member of the band is extremely talented and has one of the best bass players, Pete Perez. I Had a go at playing one of their Bass solos. If you haven't heard of this band i suggest you check them out !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Herrick

Hello Mangs
Reaction score
That's a great album. I don't know why Pete Perez isn't more well known. His awesome bubbly precise-sounding tone & playing are most sexcellent. Does he even still play bass?

Mwoit

Reaction score
Nice man. Spastic Ink is great and trying to cover that would have been hard as nails!

Do you usually play with your right hand as angled as that? I noticed immediately in the video your hand isn't straight in a line from your forearm.

Reaction score
Nice man. Spastic Ink is great and trying to cover that would have been hard as nails!

Do you usually play with your right hand as angled as that? I noticed immediately in the video your hand isn't straight in a line from your forearm.

Thanks. yeah, its a habit i have recently got into and people have commented on the angle of my forearm. It doesn't cause me any pain or ache at all so i haven't done anything to correct it.

Murmel

Reaction score
Probably going to sound like a dick, but the timing isn't quite there. Especially 0:17 to 0:30. Practice a bit slower and make sure you really accent the beat (even though it's not accented in the solo it helps with improving timing).
I have the same problem that I rush too much, it's important to make it 'groove' even if its not a groove.

You're not far behind though, a little more practice and it should work itself out.

')