SPDIF Audio Interface Recommendation

• Thread starter BaylorPRSer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Using your pod or making do with the max number of plugins may be the easiest options for you until you update your rig.

Another option, if your goal is to mainly record, haven't tried it myself, would be to record your dry signal only or with just one or two plugins running then run your playback through a couple plug ins at a time while recording in the proper chain order you intended. This will allow you to use more plugins/effects while unloading some of the work off your computer. You won't be able to change or edit the plugin settings once you've finished, but it sounds like you've hit a wall at this point anyhow.

I had considered getting one of those, but there were just too many bad reviews involving clipping, pops and latency issues. Made me a bit hesitant so I ended up with the Saffire Pro 24 when I was in the market for an interface

Either way the Scarlett 2i2 he already has is a solid, good interface.

They fixed this, it was an issue with people running it from a USB 3 port or running old drivers, mine is solid as a rock, I even use it live with my band which is a testament to its reliability :)

flint757

Reaction score
Good to hear. Makes it look much more appealing if I end up needing a new one which I might eventually. Firewire built into computers is becoming much more rare nowadays. Even now I'm having to use a workaround to get my interface hooked up properly.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Excuse me if I hi-jack this, but I have a question regarding hooking up your PodHD to an Interface. Flint, how exactly would the setup look like...

I've never used SPDIF before, do I plug the PodHD into the interface, which would be connected to my PC via USB? I'm a total noob when it comes to this...I've been running purely USB up until now, and I'm thinking about getting a PodHD & a proper interface to use it with.

flint757

Reaction score
An interface will have an SPDIF in/out and POD probably does too (I don't own one). You'd run your in to the out and out to the in of the SPDIF and setup the POD, if it needs to be, so that the signal output goes to the SPDIF. Then you'd setup, if needed (depends on what interface), the SPDIF on the interface settings and mixer so that SPDIF is receiving the signal and is audible.

In your DAW you'd need to select the SPDIF as the input on a track. If you want to playback a dry track into the POD (if possible on the POD) you'd probably need to select SPDIF as the input into the POD and set SPDIF as the output on the track as well.

As far as settings you'd need to make sure the sample rate in your POD, interface and DAW are matching and you'd set the sync source or internal clock to the POD/SPDIF.

That's how I understand it at least. I don't do a lot with SPDIF at the moment. Anyone feel free to correct me. :)

badbadbad

Reaction score
')