Speaker selection for avatar cab

• Thread starter eon_shift
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eon_shift

Reaction score
ok im not sure what speakers I should put in a 412 or a 212 if get one. I want the bass to be super tight and smooth high and not overly midy. For a 412 i was thinking 2 classic lead 80's on top and 2 g12t-100's both sets are celestion. Im not sure what i would put in a 212 any other suggestions and oppinions.

I included some puntuation for those of you who saw fit to complain:fawk:
just kidding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It takes a little longer to get them because he has to order the speakers but I say get Eminence Swamp Thangs and Tonkers! Best speaker combo ever IMO!!!

Out of all the celestions I like the CL80's. Haven't tried the g12t-100s.

eon_shift

Reaction score
isnt it extra for eminence. also I really like the celestion in my spider i just wish the bass was a little tighter

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish I could be of more help.

I think Eminence speakers sound better in smaller cabs, and Celestions work well for me in larger cabs. I wouldn't mind trying some rare earth speakers to cut down on weight, but I don't have the cash to make it happen.

In a 2x12, I'd reccomend Eminence speakers. :yesway:

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
isnt it extra for eminence. also I really like the celestion in my spider i just wish the bass was a little tighter

I think he does charge a special order fee but the speakers are cheaper than Celestions to begin with so I think it works out about the same. If not you could order an unloaded cab and order the Eminences yourself :idea:

Swamp Thang + Tonker = LOUD + big, tight bass!

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
I included some puntuation for those of you who saw fit to complain:fawk:
just kidding.

:D

from what i hear, the CL80's are just like the Mesa C90, and i think the C90 has much smoother mid response, and better bass, than the V30.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I'd like to get a 2x12 with a Tonker and a Swamp Thang. If for no other reason than telling people what kind of speakers I have will sound impressive. :lol:

Just kidding, they're great speakers. Legends (also Eminence) are supposed to be great too.....like a V30 with spikey mids.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd like to get a 2x12 with a Tonker and a Swamp Thang. If for no other reason than telling people what kind of speakers I have will sound impressive. :lol:

Just kidding, they're great speakers. Legends (also Eminence) are supposed to be great too.....like a V30 with spikey mids.

The Legends in my Vader fucking OWN! I haven't tried any of the other models though.

jeb

Reaction score
I own a avatar G412 with four V30 in stereo configuration....

God I like this cab!!!

Jeb

')