Speakers, Speakers & Speakers...

• Thread starter Megaikke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Megaikke

Reaction score
Sup lads,

Looking for speaker recommendations for loading into a zilla fatboy. Looked at loads online but its getting ridiculous and I keep going round in circles.
I might bid on a set of V30's which may go for cheap but would prefer to mix it up a bit tbh. Really like the YT clips i've heard of the WGS Veteren 30's sound smoother and more to my tastes BUT I do like the idea of blending two speakers. Need some suggestions... :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would help knowing what amp you have and what kind of tone you want.

Megaikke

Reaction score
Sorry, you can probably guess... lol :lol: Axe fx ultra/matrix GT1000fx hence why I want to "try" and get a more unique speaker duo if possible. With the WGS Vet 30, its sounds bass and mid range what I want so I guess the other speaker I'm thinking a little brighter to bring it out, but without sounding making it the same as the v30s. Difficult to describe as I don't really know myself. Just looking for recommendations on what might blend well? I know I probably have to experiment over time to realise what I'm after.

jarledge

Reaction score
Eminence Legends mang. They sound good for anything with no overbearing frequencies of any kind.

Yep, like a softer v-30 in the mids. I had them side by side in a recto cab. The soldano labeled speakers are rebranded eminence legends. The Governor is similar to the v-30 but with more presence and cut.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I use Legends myself (in a slightly oversized 2x12) and they work great for just about every type of tone. A little less rasp in the mids than V30 and slightly more low end (a pretty tight/controllable low end).

V30/G12K is my other favorite combination, rocks so hard for gain tones. Swamp/Gov is similar with a slightly bigger/cleaner sound (less midrange speaker breakup at higher volumes) with more low range.

JeffTD

Reaction score
It's really hard to go wrong with V30s for the most part, but I also really love the Lynchback speaker. Not a huge fan of Eminence; okay live, terrible mic'd up.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Celestion G12k100 and Classic Lead... I have a set in my 5150 combo that were recommended by Celestion tech support and I couldn't be happier. Has both punch and pleasant mids.

Megaikke

Reaction score
thanks for all the inputs guys, I going to continue to think about all options. Meanwhile I won the V30's really cheap which will go into a backup cab so I'll put them in my main cab while I make my decision.

One question, I have looked this up but still can't find an answer. Am I better wiring the two speakers (both 16ohm) in parallel? or should I keep it the option of series/parallel? The only thing I am keen on for the future is wiring it Mono & Stereo. Any tips would be great.

Edit: Btw I should have said, Im planning on using both A/B outputs on the GT1000fx to eventually be able to control both speakers individually. So i'd like to have a L and R input on the cab too. (AND I just realised what I said above, obviously if I wire in series it'll be 32ohm :lol: stupid me.)

')