Speaking of dreams...

Mind Riot

Devoted seven stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
I had this dream a few weeks ago where my wife and I had moved into a new place. I was wandering through the new house wrapped in nothing but a towel, having just gotten out of the shower, and I was looking for my bathrobe. (In the dream anyway, I don't think I actually have one in real life.) But there's all these chattering, nosy, annoying middle aged ladies (some I know in the real world) bumbling around screwing with my stuff. "Oh, this TV will look so much better over on this side of the room, don't you think Martha?"

So I say "Please, leave the TV where it is, I put it there because that's where I wanted it."

"Oh no, it'll look much better over here. Martha and I both think so, don't we Martha?"

Martha says "Oh, definitely, mmm hmmm."

So they move it over there, and don't listen to my protests any more. I continue to look through the house for my bathrobe, and there are more of them, moving this way and that, messing with my stuff. I keep asking everyone to please stop moving my stuff around, and they all politely disagree and keep doing it, with agreeable smiles on their faces. I contiue to look for my bathrobe, feeling a bit self consious now walking around with a towel around my waste in a house full of people.

This goes on for a while, and I'm getting more and more irritated, until finally I just scream "ALL RIGHT, THAT'S IT! EVERYONE GET THE F@$% OUT OF MY HOUSE RIGHT F@$%#&* NOW, OR I SWEAR I'M GONNA RIP YOUR F$%@^#& HEADS OFF AND EAT MY CEREAL OUT OF YOUR THICK F@$%#&* SKULLS!!!!!!!" (This was probably my subconsious pulling a paraphrase from an episode of ATHF, the one with Danzig, you'll recognize it if you've seen it.)

Everything goes dead silent, and everyone stares for a moment, then they all quietly start to leave, muttering things to each other like "Who does he think he is?" "Well, I never..." "This house is going to look like a bomb went off now, mark my words..."

The dream jumps forward a few days, when I'm driving home with some friends in my car. One of them says to me "You know, that little episode at the move in made quite an impression on a lot of the people there."

I mumble something about it damn well better have.

My friend continues "Some of them went to city hall and actually got the street where your new place is named after the incident."

"Really?" I say. "What did they name it?"

My friend points to a street sign ahead of us where I'm about to turn. The sign reads "Outburst Boulevard".

That's all I remember of the dream, but it stuck with me and now that I think about it, "Outburst Boulevard" might be a cool name for a song.

What do you guys think?

P.S. I also had a dream where a friend of mine was at the beach with his feet in the water, laying on his stomach on the sand. I told him it was time to go, and he said he couldn't. I asked why, and he said "Look out! It's a Hungry Hungry Hippo!!!" Then he rolled out of the way and a giant purple hippo jumped out of the water onto the beach. It made kind of a snarling yawn, then fell on it's side and went to sleep.

I told a guy I worked with about this dream the day after I had it, and the look on his face was priceless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Next time you tell a coworker about a dream, have a camera near by to capture the priceless expression, because I can only imagine how awesome it was lol

Interesting dream, and I definitely like the name "Outburst Boulevard" and think you should use it for something (song/album/band name).

')