Spelling Mistakes in India LULZ!

• Thread starter soundgardener75
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
See? Apsotrophes are important.

enhanced-buzz-16683-1374619087-18.jpg

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
In Japan, they try to write english on EVERYTHING. I see some pretty bad ones. But still those Indian ones are pretty great. Child cutting? What does it even mean?? lolol. The Japanese ones you can usually guess the meaning at least-- FLESH MEAT, etc. Or, alternatively, it's like trying to be funny but comes off weird-- like at the train station there's a sign that shows some kids running around near the tracks and underneath it says DO IT AT THE BEACH. But the Japanese on the sign actually says the same thing. Obviously, it means the train station isn't a playground so stop treating it like one. But walking to a trainstation and seeing a sign that says DO IT AT THE BEACH! is just kinda funny.

Here are some of my original ENGRISH PICTURES:

6371_121998659804_6203525_n.jpg
NO TOUT!

6371_121998689804_577534_n.jpg
All good things are here.

6371_121998759804_962030_n.jpg
....... it really is.

6371_121998794804_1213642_n.jpg
C'mon. They said please.

6371_121998294804_1429065_n.jpg
We got home so freaking fast.

6371_115583379804_5360209_n.jpg
The thing is, they never tell you if the north or the soush won.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
I've seen LOADS of this. Ha!

"Masal bilding center" (Muscle Building Center...a ....ing gym lol)

Also, one of my physical training instructors in school went like: "Childrens! Make a straight circle!"

The kids were confused as all kinds of ..... "Sir, should we stand in a line? Or in a circle?"

"No no, make a straight circle!"

Wat.

Also, this: 10 classic Indianisms: 'Doing the needful' and more | CNN Travel

Have fun reading that! :D :lol:

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
A friendly clerk asking me for my name is apt to start a conversation with, “What is your good name?” As if I hold that sort of information close to my heart and only divulge my evil pseudonym. Bizarre.

“Sorry I can’t talk right now, I’m out of station.”
What's wrong with "out of town" or "not in Mumbai" or my favorite "I'm not here"?

“Let’s prepone the meeting from 11 a.m. to 10 a.m.”
Because the opposite of postpone just has to be prepone, right?

:lol:

I saw a TV series about the English language a few years ago that described in one episode about how they speak English in India, and it is just absolutely full of "high speaking", and trying to be extremely formal, while misunderstanding some common rules of grammar. But really, it's their OWN grammar.. in a similar (though less extreme) way that Creole or Gullah have their own grammar. It's just one of those things that makes English so versatile, and the possibility for idiosyncrasies is infinite depending on the people who speak it.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
I was about to specifically mention "prepone" from that link hahahah. Although it isn't a real word, it's INCREDIBLE how accurately it conveys the meaning it's supposed to! Don't you think? :lol:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Hell, we could make a list of nonsense redneck mistakes or sayings. My dad is the worst at trying to use big words to 'connect' with me while spelling or using them wrong. I shudder to think that he's in charge of a company's entire operations in the Western Hemisphere. I can only imagine his company emails:

"To all Management,

It's come to my attention that several of you have not stopped not letting you're employees take on sick leave. There are no acceptions to this rule: you must bring Dr.s notes!!"

')