Splawn Nitro vs Fryette Deliverance

Talmaci

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I just want to buy a fresh amp and can not choose which one will be more exciting. Have an Uber, K-stein and 5150 and really like them, but I want an amp with KT88, will play mainly high-gain stuff, but still would like to get a good crunch (maybe it would be even better than on my Egnater Renegade).

So what would you choose and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Recto

Reaction score
I personally would go with the Deliverance. I think it's a great simple, versitle amp. I am not a big fan of the Nitro so its a easy choice for me. IMO the Deliverance sounds like a hot rodded Hiwatt. Got its own thing going on.

Darren James

Reaction score
I use a splawn nitro for rhythm sometimes on my kemper. I find it to be more saturated then the 5150 which I like. I think you will get a tighter crunchy tone from the deliverance.

Unburdened

Reaction score
I have the Deliverance, and I can say there is definitely plenty of saturation on tap. I also had a Quick Rod, and if the Nitro is in the same vein, the Nitro will have more saturation. Now the truth of the matter is that I sold the Quick Rod and still have the Deliverance... I love the Deliverance for its clarity, aggressive tone, and surprising flexibility. KT88s are definitely my favorite power tube (my Sig:X has them too!).

Enselmis

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a quickrod and I've got a Deliverance 120. The deliverance is really a killer amp. It just sounds massive and clear. Extremely versatile considering the relative lack of knobs.

Shask

Reaction score
I had a Deliverance D120 for a little while. Massive sounding amp. Only amp that has competed with my Triple Recto in terms of hugeness and thump. Very responsive. If you hit 1 note the amp seems to jump out at you. Very responsive to the volume knob also. You could almost go from clean to high gain just by turning the volume knob on your guitar.

However, it is LOUD. The other amps I had at the time (5150, Mesa Mark III, Triple Recto....) were loud also, but they seemed more controllable. The D120 just seemed to jump out at you, and it was harder to control the volume. It is very bright, so the loudness combined with the brightness would give me a headache after awhile. This wouldn't be an issue if you were cranking it at a venue, but at home it can be an issue. The other issue I had was it loved mids. It would get kind of weird and hollow sounding if you tried to dial in a scooped sound.

So, it is great for a brighter, clearer, hi-fi, tighter, Marshall type sound. Very responsive. Very huge sounding. You feel the lows more than you hear them.

I always thought Unearth's 3rd album "In the Eyes of Fire" was a pretty good example of what it sounds like.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I vote Deliverance. I like the Nitro; it has fantastic lead tones. It will saturate a lot but it is controllable. But I prefered the hi-fi sound of the Deliverance, just as everyone here described. To me, it brought out the tone of my guitars better. You can really notice the difference in wood combinations and pickup choices when playing through the Deliverance. With a front loaded cab, it blasts like few others, and none in it's price range. I'd grab the 60watt, and a power atenuator for bedroom/house jamming, because you do have to crank it to get those KT88s to sing. Also, it takes OD peddles like a champ. Really tightens it up perfectly and you still get a thumping low end (instead of a boomy mess).

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Good choice. :D There was also the Uberschall, but the Deliverance is a damn good amp. One of my favorites. It's an amp that'll make you appreciate your guitar's volume knob and the dynamics in your playing. There was a video that someone took down, but it showed someone using a Deliverance to go from a sparkly clean, to a crunch tone, to all-out brutalness with only his volume knob.

Talmaci

Reaction score
Good choice. :D There was also the Uberschall, but the Deliverance is a damn good amp. One of my favorites. It's an amp that'll make you appreciate your guitar's volume knob and the dynamics in your playing. There was a video that someone took down, but it showed someone using a Deliverance to go from a sparkly clean, to a crunch tone, to all-out brutalness with only his volume knob.

Thank you very much!
It was really pleasant to read about the uber, because I really adore it
Here is my babe

11698665_830683550342063_5501084902081941284_n.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Sorry, I was actually talking about the Deliverance. :lol: I like the Uber, but the Deliverance is a very dynamic amp. It'll add a new sound to your collection.

jllozano

Reaction score
Deliverance all day! 60 watts if you want a more controlable volume(great sound and feel, can sound "marshally", plenty of volume for live), D120 for all kinds of live use or recording situations (sounds more "modern",has more bass than 60w version)
:hbang:

Unburdened

Reaction score
You have to let us know what you think of the Deliverance! We want to make sure we've steered you along the path of light! :lol: