SPOONS! [S2.0, Invader, Catharsis Impulse, Fake Bass, Mixtest Content]

• Thread starter Enselmis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Enselmis

Reaction score
Bump - I really need some other opinions on this one.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Lead part is a big big thumbs up. Not sure about the snare fill at the start composition-vice, though. It sounds kinda weird..

E: What did ya use on guitars btw? Can you post the full signal chain from what guitar you used to last VST/RTAS on the chain? :)

mayx

Reaction score
yeah it sounds really good, but i think the snare is to direct, it needs some more reverb or a short delay to push a bit in the back. i think it's also good to distort the snare just a little bit or drive it in saturation a little bit... :2c:

Enselmis

Reaction score
To the question about the guitar chain:

Carvin DC727 Walnut -> Lovepedal Eternity Fuze -> Invader 100 channel 3 on low gain and bright -> Line out to Audiobox USB -> Catharsis high pres cab impulse -> BARELY EQ'd (slight low cut) with the frequency analysis plug that comes with reaper.

It's pretty simple but it does the job. I made a new mix yesterday that sounds a lot better. I'll post soon.

Edit: new mix posted

http://soundcloud.com/robert_h/spoon-updated-sorta

Enselmis

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how I'd go about making the snare a bit less dry? I've turned up the ambient mics a bit but I really don't want to turn em up too high.

')