Squier stagemaster 7 string

• Thread starter BiG-RiGgS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BiG-RiGgS

Reaction score
i just bought a squier stagemaster 7 string in almost brand new condition last week for 150$.. does anyone have any info on this guitar, or how much they are worth?..any info is appreciated!..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
I have one that I picked up years ago for cheap. They're actually decent guitars, a lot better than any of the Squier 6ers I've seen. As far as how much it's worth? I've seen guys trying to sell them on evilbay for a lot. I dunno- you don't see a lot of them around. My theory is if you like it, and you can make it sound good, then it's worth every penny you spent on it!

BiG-RiGgS

Reaction score
im lookin into sellin it cuz im an ibanez 7 string player all the way..the squier's awesome and is hella versatile though, but just isnt my style..

GhostsofAcid

Suiçmez fanboy
Reaction score
i was thinking about looking for one awhile ago and did a little research on them...i think they were a really limited run model, from around 2000.

Skyblue

Reaction score
also, how do you upload pics on here?..
upload the pics to an uploading site such as imageshack or photobucket, then post the URLs here with [ img ] [ /img ] tags (without the spaces of course)

Blood Ghost

Reaction score
They're chunky guitars for sure. Not in the sound sense, but in the waist sense. They look like they ate too many twinkies. And yep, they were made in limited quantities in the early 2000's, I bought mine from an original owner. Anyway, they are made from Alder, 25.5" scale, your typical Squier getup. They're just a first seven really.

Reaction score
I got mine for like $120 but it's not the model with the Floyd rose, it's the hard tail which is usually cheaper. Not a bad guitar at all, I put Emg 707s in it and am in the process of refinishing it, as far as what it's worth, idk I see them listed all over from $100 up to $300+

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
I got mine for like $120 but it's not the model with the Floyd rose, it's the hard tail which is usually cheaper. Not a bad guitar at all, I put Emg 707s in it and am in the process of refinishing it, as far as what it's worth, idk I see them listed all over from $100 up to $300+

Yeah, mine's a hard tail too. solid. I bet it sounds rockin' with the EMGs! I swirled mine- what kind of finish are you doing?

Reaction score
Awesome! post pics! I've been playing around with the idea of swirling mine.

I'm not sure yet I sanded the front and used an ebony stain with light streaks and then used veneer tape thats made for furniture as a binding i'm kinda going for this old worn type of look but I'm still undecided on it.

The other thought I had was a matte silver/gray kinda like the Ibanez RG's come in and then the crazy pink or green (other crazy colors) on the pickups and knobs etc

Reaction score
i have on of these, my first 7 and honestly aside from the horrible pups it's one of the better 7's i've played maybe i just got really lucky but it stays in tune great nick feels good action is great

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
I too had one for a few months. They're not bad guitars, but It was a little on the big side for one, and I thought with a good pickup swap it'd be a little better. I had a set of Phase 1 Blackouts in the one I had and didn't care for it - then again it was also competition between the ESP's I had (and still have...) at the time. I would have liked to have gotten one of the other Squire Strat 7's with the H-H config on the pickguard, and have one that was more traditional looking, but found the one I got for $150, and sold it for the same price with a set of Ibanez 7 pickups in it.

Not bad guitars at all with a very little amount of work and a few cheap hardware upgrades and maybe thin the neck just a little bit - I found it to be a little thicker than the ESP 7's, yet still thinner than something like the Schecter baseball bats.

Reaction score
^ I have 707's in mine and I'm still undecided if I like it or not, I just picked up an RG and am quickly starting to like passive pickups better again, how did the ibanez pickups sound in it? I kind of want to try a PAF7 too.

Reaction score
So does anyone have pics of their SM7s?
Heres a crappy pic of mine, Ill post a new one when I get home
61639_438808402833_823962833_5045839_2711606_n.jpg

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
^ I have 707's in mine and I'm still undecided if I like it or not, I just picked up an RG and am quickly starting to like passive pickups better again, how did the ibanez pickups sound in it? I kind of want to try a PAF7 too.

I didn't play it for very long with the Ibanez pickups in it, just long enough to test it and make sure everything worked. But the Ibanez pickups had a better tone and sound in that guitar than the Blackouts did... I myself have EMG's in everything I own, and will only put a set of passives (DiMarzios...) in something that I know will sound good. I just took the DA7's out of my Horizon and put 707TW's in thier place because the DA's sounded too warm and bassy in that guitar for some odd reason.

But getting back on the topic, I think a good set of passives would really make these guitars come alive. It's gotta be the right pickups though, because I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has/had the same issue with it as me...

Reaction score
^ yeah I've been trying to figure out what will sound good in it also, it has a really bright sound to it, almost too bright for my taste.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I was gonna make my own thread but this hits the nail on the head.

I'm 7 string-less and can get a hardtail one for $100. It's not my first 7 but I'm broke and really want another 7.

')