Squier stagemaster 7 string

• Thread starter BiG-RiGgS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So does anyone have pics of their SM7s?
Heres a crappy pic of mine, Ill post a new one when I get home
61639_438808402833_823962833_5045839_2711606_n.jpg

:hbang:amazing what you did to this thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I was gonna make my own thread but this hits the nail on the head.

I'm 7 string-less and can get a hardtail one for $100. It's not my first 7 but I'm broke and really want another 7.
I say do it :yesway: they are excellent guitars for the money its just a matter of finding what pickups sound the best in them but even the stock ones aren't horrible they just take awhile to dial in, but as far as playability goes, they are great.

:hbang:amazing what you did to this thing
Thanks! now if it would just stop raining and or being 1000 degrees I could finish it lol

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I was thinking about putting a crunchlab in it if I pick it up. I think its kinda funny, that if I find a used crunchlab for say $60 that's only 40 less than i paid for the whole guitar!!!

tat2sbylolo

Tattoo Artist here!
Reaction score
This is my Stagemaster!

DSC054071.jpg

DSC054011.jpg

I usually buy guitars for their build and wood. I aready know I'm going to mod them out with new pickups. tuners, pots and hardware. So for me, a Strat lover, The Stagemaster VII and the Stratocaster VII was a perfect platform to build a seven string that looked like a strat. The necks are really really good necks, thou I reprofile the backs down to 19mm at the first fret and 21mm at the 12th with a wizard like flatter profile.

I happen to have both a Stagemaster VII and a Stratocaster VII :)

sevens.jpg

72.jpg

I am in the process of painting both high gloss black! I am also going to remove the paint from the headstck of the Stagemaster and have it traditional maple with new decals on both replacing the Squier with Fender!

Other than some of the cheap elecrtonics(which is what makes them so cheap in price), these are really well built guitars!

Yaris

Beaver Sack #2
Reaction score
I used to have one. It was okay but I hated the fact that it was reverse headstock with no locking nut. I think having so much of the low b string behind the nut made it go sharp much more easily when I picked it.

tat2sbylolo

Tattoo Artist here!
Reaction score
Oh yeah...Try the D Activators neck and bridge in that there Stagemaster. It will bring her to LIFE! I tune my Stagemaster to drop B with D activators(heavy) with pus/pull tone pot for coil split on both(Strat sound). The Start VII has a Octave4Plus .007 A440 gauge sting tuned to high A with Seymour Duncun stacked single coil sevens neck and mid and a ToneZone 7 in the bridge along with a S1 switch, a blower switch and TBX tone pots. Locking tuners on both. I LOVE IT!

People see one of these for the first time and are just so amazed. It just never get old! :)

tat2sbylolo

Tattoo Artist here!
Reaction score
I used to have one. It was okay but I hated the fact that it was reverse headstock with no locking nut. I think having so much of the low b string behind the nut made it go sharp much more easily when I picked it.

Well, my strat is not reversed with a tremolo, so no sting trees on her and the stagered locking tuners do their job well

My Stagemaster however IS reversed with a hardtail. So because no tremolo action tuning issues to worry about, I put stagered Shallar locking tuners and string trees on her and have never have any nut tension issues to date! :)

Reaction score
I've had one for about 5 Years now, great axe. The only mod I did was put a DiMarzio Evolution in the bridge. The stock pickups are a bit bright for my liking. This guitar has been a great workhorse with a few others and done a ton of shows.\m/

Me-7string.jpg

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought one as a back up to my Universe. I quite enjoy playing it, not sure on the small frets but for what I paid for it, it's not worth refretting. May fit a Dimarzio Blaze in the bridge in the near future.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I'm wondering what in the world was done to pull up this thread from 7 years ago :lol:

Seems like a cool modding platform though for $200-$400

')