SS Love and Relationships Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I'll start a new topic within this topic here.

How do you know when its right to tell a girl you love her? I feel like I'm ready but I dont know if my girlfriend is. Everything with is is perfect. We are mutually altruistic towards one another. We are a perfect match. She brings me so much happiness and has utterly stolen my heart. I want to tell her but I dont know if she is ready to hear it. Advice?

flint757

Reaction score
I'll start a new topic within this topic here.

How do you know when its right to tell a girl you love her? I feel like I'm ready but I dont know if my girlfriend is. Everything with is is perfect. We are mutually altruistic towards one another. We are a perfect match. She brings me so much happiness and has utterly stolen my heart. I want to tell her but I dont know if she is ready to hear it. Advice?

How long have y'all been together first and foremost? If it hasn't been very long I'd hold off.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Date 2 = success. And she insists I let her pay "next time."

Good times + saving $$$ ftw

Hopefully this one actually likes me. I've gotten rather far before only to find out we were only friends. :lol:

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
How long have y'all been together first and foremost? If it hasn't been very long I'd hold off.

3 months. In hindsight it doesnt sound very long :shrug:

I'm new to this kinda stuff. Thats why I'm I'm asking advice from strangers on the internet :lol:

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Date 2 = success. And she insists I let her pay "next time."

Good times + saving $$$ ftw

Hopefully this one actually likes me. I've gotten rather far before only to find out we were only friends. :lol:

Invite her over and cook for her. It will knock her socks off.

And maybe some more articles of clothing :lol:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Try again. I used to last for hours when I first started dating my gf but the sex is so good now I barely last 5 minutes :lol:

You can actually just bore a girl if it's too long.

Just received a russian scam email, I think I'm going to have a bit of fun with it and play the game for a while. US proxy server for the emails, seriously. :D

texshred777

Reaction score
Divorce is finalized.

Finally unfriended her on FB, her "today's the day!" post rubbed me the wrong way I have to admit.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
Divorce is finalized.

Finally unfriended her on FB, her "today's the day!" post rubbed me the wrong way I have to admit.
A friend of my dads got divorced a year ago and I have him and his ex on face book and it pissed me off every time I seen a post of her saying stuff about him.

flint757

Reaction score
3 months. In hindsight it doesnt sound very long :shrug:

I'm new to this kinda stuff. Thats why I'm I'm asking advice from strangers on the internet :lol:

IMO it isn't something you plan, it just sort of happens. It will come out at the right moment pretty effortlessly. Girls don't necessarily expect guys to say it though and if you rush it that could turn her off so waiting, IMO, is a good course of action in general.

I rushed things like that a few times in grade school and it seemed to do more harm than good if too soon. YMMV

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Invite her over and cook for her. It will knock her socks off.

And maybe some more articles of clothing :lol:

Yea tends to work. She says this time I have to come to the city. She's in DC and I'm in VA.

She's also a vegetarian so it's probably good that I wait on trying to cook for her. I'm lost if there are no pork products involved. Love me some swine.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Why?

Doesn't bother me much. I eat meat in front of her all the time. She's not down with wearing fur, but I don't do that anyway and I feel like killing an animal for it's skin is kinda jacked up anyway so that's not really a point of contention either. As long as she doesn't tell me I can't eat bacon, pulled pork, collard greens with neck bones, pork chops or ham, I'm A-Okay... :yesway: :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Wow... That's how she rolls? That's just mean.

Blows my mind that folks can be so cruel to someone with whom they once planned to share "an eternity."

Reaction score
Wow... That's how she rolls? That's just mean.

Blows my mind that folks can be so cruel to someone with whom they once planned to share "an eternity."

yea, don't be surprised. marriage doesn't mean a whole lot these days, and as I found out having a child together doesn't necessarily mean much either. pretty shocking overall.

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
Why?

Doesn't bother me much. I eat meat in front of her all the time. She's not down with wearing fur, but I don't do that anyway and I feel like killing an animal for it's skin is kinda jacked up anyway so that's not really a point of contention either. As long as she doesn't tell me I can't eat bacon, pulled pork, collard greens with neck bones, pork chops or ham, I'm A-Okay... :yesway: :lol:

+1, I never had issues dating girls who ate meat while I was a vegetarian. If one is down to earth about it, then it shouldn't be a problem. In fact, I did go out with one vegetarian chick once and she was the stupidest bitch I've ever dated. Goes to show that lifestyle, and chemistry/compatibility are not that closely related.

')