SS Love and Relationships Thread

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
*sigh*

I think I need to know this person more...

I met her at lunch today. Conversation is just so easy. She approached *me* which is not normal.

And she makes me sweat for no reason. Eye contact and I'm just instantly fever warm.

We exchanged information.

The wait begins...

I imagine if she was confident enough to just walk up and talk to me she may contact me via my info...

But if not, it seems I also have hers. Maybe we can grab another beer soon. Hell maybe social convention dictates it's now on me; I'm not well versed in social convention. What I do know is I have a feeling I shouldn't just let it go until it seems she's not interested.

Whatever the case, she's not unique in the way that I've met her, but she is unique in the way that she makes me feel.

(But also, Korean ppl in general fucking LOVE me and I don't completely understand why... Like every single Korean I've ever met has been immediately very nice to me in ways no one else is. Should I move to South Korea?)

I have been meeting many women lately that seem to prefer a strong friendship as a foundation for that which goes beyond.

In some ways I think the "friend zone" stigma has fucked the game up.

Even if this chick doesn't want me, I can see her being a fucking dope friend. I don't think enough ppl consider that sort of thing over getting their rocks off.

Almost every married woman in my family has told me that long term, things like friendship in a relationship go so much farther than your looks or bedroom performance.

In any relationship where I've managed to dazzle a woman with bedroom prowess, we've only really lasted as long as that could mask the fact that we actually don't like each other as ppl...

Starting from a place of friendly connection, that only becomes icing on the cake if they think you're cute and "can work it".

Personally, after many years, I feel like that's what causes ppl to "backslide" in relationships. They miss the level of bonding they had with a certain person that they just don't get when dealing with new ppl.

For me, this may be my first real friend in this city or--hopefully--all of that and more. God knows I've looked long enough.

*fingers crossed*

Last edited:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I can see her being a fucking dope friend. I don't think enough ppl consider that sort of thing over getting their rocks off.

That's how my relationship with my wife started. We were just friends, and when she'd just broken up with her ex, I offered her to sleep at my place when she was lonely. We basically just hung out and she slept next to me without anything more happening. Then a few months later it just clicked, and then we got engaged pretty quickly and now we're married, have kids and have bought a house together... All in 5 years or so.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
*sigh*

I think I need to know this person more...

I met her at lunch today. Conversation is just so easy. She approached *me* which is not normal.

And she makes me sweat for no reason. Eye contact and I'm just instantly fever warm.

We exchanged information.

The wait begins...

I imagine if she was confident enough to just walk up and talk to me she may contact me via my info...

But if not, it seems I also have hers. Maybe we can grab another beer soon. Hell maybe social convention dictates it's now on me; I'm not well versed in social convention. What I do know is I have a feeling I shouldn't just let it go until it seems she's not interested.

Whatever the case, she's not unique in the way that I've met her, but she is unique in the way that she makes me feel.

(But also, Korean ppl in general fucking LOVE me and I don't completely understand why... Like every single Korean I've ever met has been immediately very nice to me in ways no one else is. Should I move to South Korea?)

I have been meeting many women lately that seem to prefer a strong friendship as a foundation for that which goes beyond.

In some ways I think the "friend zone" stigma has fucked the game up.

Even if this chick doesn't want me, I can see her being a fucking dope friend. I don't think enough ppl consider that sort of thing over getting their rocks off.

Almost every married woman in my family has told me that long term, things like friendship in a relationship go so much farther than your looks or bedroom performance.

In any relationship where I've managed to dazzle a woman with bedroom prowess, we've only really lasted as long as that could mask the fact that we actually don't like each other as ppl...

Starting from a place of friendly connection, that only becomes icing on the cake if they think you're cute and "can work it".

Personally, after many years, I feel like that's what causes ppl to "backslide" in relationships. They miss the level of bonding they had with a certain person that they just don't get when dealing with new ppl.

For me, this may be my first real friend in this city or--hopefully--all of that and more. God knows I've looked long enough.

*fingers crossed*
You know it's all over once you whip out that flip phone :lol:

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Go to any bar, put on a fake wedding ring, act arrogant and like you don't give a shit. The one nighters will flock around and you can take your pick home or, better yet, to the back seat of your car. Then go home and play guitar. The time money and effort spent on most women these days isn't worth it at all. Most aren't even fun to be around. This also works in clubs, the workplace etc. Women seem to like married men that act like assholes to them and then play make up games. That being said, It would be nice to find a unicorn in the wild though. Love will find a way : ) Oh great. Now I'm singing Tesla songs.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Go to any bar, put on a fake wedding ring, act arrogant and like you don't give a shit. The one nighters will flock around and you can take your pick home or, better yet, to the back seat of your car. Then go home and play guitar. The time money and effort spent on most women these days isn't worth it at all. Most aren't even fun to be around. This also works in clubs, the workplace etc. Women seem to like married men that act like assholes to them and then play make up games. That being said, It would be nice to find a unicorn in the wild though. Love will find a way : ) Oh great. Now I'm singing Tesla songs.
Hey now, Tesla is rad.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
The time money and effort spent on most women these days isn't worth it at all.
I mean, you're talking about half the human population. Sounds to me like you're just hanging around with the wrong crowd for what you're looking for.

Go to any bar,
Ah, exactly, there's your problem. If you want something more significant than one nighters, then don't spend all your time in the places people go to pick up one nighters.

There's a world of difference between building a partnership with someone who is, as you put it, worth the effort spent, vs picking up strangers in bars.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I mean, you're talking about half the human population. Sounds to me like you're just hanging around with the wrong crowd for what you're looking for.

Ah, exactly, there's your problem. If you want something more significant than one nighters, then don't spend all your time in the places people go to pick up one nighters.

I'm not the one looking for anything. I never said I wanted anything. I don't have relationship issue problems. I was just giving some tips to anyone who wants a one nighter. People are people. There's really no better crowds of people, just cleaner or dirtier.

There's a world of difference between building a partnership with someone who is, as you put it, worth the effort spent, vs picking up strangers in bars.
I find there is almost no difference over the course of time. Plenty of people meet in bars and are happy, then it goes to shit just like most people. Same with people who meet in the workplace, the internet, supermarkets etc. People are people. If you want sex, go get it. If you want a relationship, go get it. it's just a matter of how you conduct yourself. usually, it's not worth the effort. That's why everyone keeps dating a bunch until they find someone they can settle down with.

Bearitone

Reaction score

This^^^
Go somewhere other than a bar. Actually go somewhere where alcohol isn’t consumed. Start going to something regularly. Rock climbing club, Cooking classes, shit even church if you’re so inclined.

You’re more likely to meet someone active, healthy, and mentally stable if you stay away from bars and clubs.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
This^^^
Go somewhere other than a bar. Actually go somewhere where alcohol isn’t consumed. Start going to something regularly. Rock climbing club, Cooking classes, shit even church if you’re so inclined.

You’re more likely to meet someone active, healthy, and mentally stable if you stay away from bars and clubs.

Why is nobody reading my posts? I'm not looking for anything here. I'm not the OP or the last person who was having an issue. Go give them advise. I'm fine with how I am.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
usually, it's not worth the effort. That's why everyone keeps dating a bunch until they find someone they can settle down with.
Pretty sure that's not the reason people date - there are tons of reasons why people may or may not be compatible, but that doesn't mean people aren't worth the effort. That's a super pessimistic way to look at dating. Or just other people in general. "If I don't benefit from this, then any time spent around you was a waste".

Why is nobody reading my posts?
Just as your comment was meant as a general statement, so do I take the responses. It's just legit good general advice that bars aren't always the ideal place to meet people in a more wanting-something-long-term headspace.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's not the reason people date - there are tons of reasons why people may or may not be compatible, but that doesn't mean people aren't worth the effort. That's a super pessimistic way to look at dating. Or just other people in general. "If I don't benefit from this, then any time spent around you was a waste".

Just as your comment was meant as a general statement, so do I take the responses. It's just legit good general advice that bars aren't always the ideal place to meet people in a more wanting-something-long-term headspace.
I know. I am pretty pessimistic sometimes. I've been around the block so many times it's made me a little callused. I feel like Mickey Rourke's character in that movie The Wrestler sometimes. Sex, Drugs, and Rock n' Roll buddy. Live it up while you can. I did stop drinking and druggin a long time ago though, TBH. I'm a lot older than people may think, so I grew up in the 80's and 90's generation, to give perspective. I've been through a lot, like many people, but those were radically different times, with radically different people, just like every generation. Today's generation is not as fun or free. Bunch of overly sensitive wussys, for the most part. There are some really good genuine people of course. As the saying goes; I'm getting older, but my taste for young pretty women stays the same! Even damaged goods needs some lovin'! ; )

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
There's a fair bit to unpack in there, but I suspect that your perspective might change a fair bit if you can get out of whatever mindset leads you to think of people as goods. I get that it makes me sound maybe like a prude, or the kind of wuss you're referring to, but it is what it is.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
There's a fair bit to unpack in there, but I suspect that your perspective might change a fair bit if you can get out of whatever mindset leads you to think of people as goods. I get that it makes me sound maybe like a prude, or the kind of wuss you're referring to, but it is what it is.
No, I agree with you. I don't really see people as goods. I'm just coming off the wrong way. I'm really a very respectful guy and very respectful to people. I don't see you as a wuss or prude and I don't even really see anything wrong with prudes or wuss's. I really get along with a lot of different types of people. I may seem a little brash at times, but I'm really just a very open and unfiltered personality, sometimes. I forget sometimes others may not be comfortable with it and haven't come to that point of acceptance yet.
The older you get the easier it is to be open and to the point about stuff. I've had many long term happy relationships over the years as well as short lived ones etc. I think over time you get to be able to read people/women easier. You can tell the ones that are looking for a quick fling vs a more serious thing for sure. The older you get the more to the point people become. It's almost like a business transaction whereas once you get the formality out of the way you can say to a women 'I need this, this, and this from you' and she can say the same back to you, in a sense. When you come to an agreement, then you are on pretty solid ground in a short amount of time. Working out the fine details along the way is like a marriage. This is similar to arranged marriages in a sense.
To many people spend years together before they figure out it isn't going to work out. By not beating around the bush and being direct and to the point, uncensored, brutally honest and truthful up front can literally save you years of a relationship. Many people aren't ready for that kind of openness and risk. By discovering key things about a person that are a deal breaker, sooner, rather than later, you are doing both persons a favor. This can swing both ways and bond people together stronger as well. Everyone knows this couple. They are like one bi-polar person separated into two bodies. They go through everything together highs, lows,etc and are really in love. They've figured out their own dynamics in their relationship and know body else can figure them out. They are that crazy old couple who've been together for 50 years and still wild and crazy, but chill and boring at the same time.
I was being sarcastic at the end of my last comment. Calling someone damaged goods is just a saying, I don't literally see them as goods. I'm damaged goods for sure. It just means the person has been through some hard times and is permanently scarred from it. I will still always like pretty young women, though I do like me older pretty women too. Good times.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I think I might need a bit of encouragement or something. I've been spending a lot of time with someone, but can't quite express that I want to explore where that could go. It's one of those "don't want to ruin an existing good thing" vs "don't want to pass up a potentially much better thing" kind of situation.