SS Love and Relationships Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bigreddestroyer

Reaction score
Been with my girlfriend almost 8 years. Rent a flat together, she suffers from depression/anxiety and I don't think I can cope anymore, but I can't say anything to her because she's getting better and I don't want to make her any worse. Nearly cheated on her twice and haven't so far because i like to think I'm not that kinda guy, I just feel trapped and don't know what to do :(

Murmel

Reaction score
People getting engaged at the age of 18.

May I ask; what in the actual fuck are they thinking?

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score

I was married at 2 phhh silly people
But yolo tends to be what they are thinking. and "Imma get some pussy, get som pussy for stealing the monkey."

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

I see no problem with this depending upon the longevity of the relationship. If theyve been together for say, a year and get engaged then I'm a bit skeptical but if theyve gone through say 3-4 years (all of high-school) and still remained together then I'd say it's a strong relation and they've got a good chance of making it.

texshred777

Reaction score
Two of my best and oldest friends are married and were first together in high school. They didn't get engaged until years after they got out and went to college and everything.

I say wait until you at least get in to the last couple years of college before thinking about marriage. At the minimum. Optimally, I'd say wait until you get out into the "real world" as an adult in a career before taking that plunge.

Reaction score
I'll take it a step further.. don't bother with marriage unless you really want kids. And then be damn sure future mom isn't a whack job just using you until she gets what she wants and is out. And seriously take their background into consideration (daddy issues are the worst). Good luck!

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Don't settle for "good enough", it won't ever be good enough. If you meet enough ladies, you'll find something magical. I myself, prefer women with a chocolate face.

This, Never settle for less or "good enough." You will regret that...

I know my standards are high, but I know I will be much happier with some one who I know will make me happy.

Murmel

Reaction score
I see no problem with this depending upon the longevity of the relationship. If theyve been together for say, a year and get engaged then I'm a bit skeptical but if theyve gone through say 3-4 years (all of high-school) and still remained together then I'd say it's a strong relation and they've got a good chance of making it.
My point is that they will still change. I don't think many people were the same person at 18 as are at 25 after college or whatever :2c:

flint757

Reaction score
Every single person I know personally who got married right out of high school, especially the ones who dated the exact same person since intermediate school, are divorced or contemplating it. :shrug:

The lack of experience from such scenarios and the fact that people change dramatically with age (from teen to 20's mostly) can create quite a few problems in a relationship. I'm not even a reflection of myself as a teenager.

texshred777

Reaction score
People change A LOT between 22-25. And then some more from 25-30(not the same degree). Point is, getting married too young(which I did-married at 21) is a bad idea. You hope that you'll change together, but that rarely happens.

I don't fathom getting married again. Nor do I want any more kids. I'd get a vasectomy except most Urologists won't touch me(no pun) because I'm only 29, have only one kid and am not married. Plus, there's the chance that I'll change my mind in the future.

I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened.

')