SS Love and Relationships Thread

Brill

sweet little lolita.
Reaction score
Thanks guys. To be honest i'm terrible at social skills and lack the ability to think of topics to talk about to anyone. I'm currently in therapy to get some, but its a slow process.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
That's gonna hurt you in the long wrong. The way to man's heart may be through his stomach (though rumor has it, the real source may lie further south. ;) ), however the way to a woman's heart is by using your ears and memory.

Hit me up on facebook if you want some suggestions as to what to ask.

kochmirizliv

Reaction score
I've always wanted to post in this thread, so here goes;
I've been with my girlfriend for two years, lived together for most of that time. We're one of those couples that were best friends before we got together, so moving in so quickly wasn't a big deal at all.
I waited a long, long time to find a girl like this and commit to a relationship like this. I dealt with the manipulative, unstable, lying, cheating and bat-shit crazy girls and also periods of having no interest in the opposite sex whatsoever. Because of that, I found it very hard to have that confidence in saying "I know she loves me, I know I trust her and I know she won't do anything to ruin that." But I swear, finally having that feeling is so great.

I know this seems like a semi-useless rant, but I guess it's meant to be another 'don't give up hope' story. I've been through a lot in my short time on this planet, but I'm confident that there's someone out there for everyone. We're in a day and age where it's easier to meet people who you're more compatible with. So, put your best foot forward and just work at it. It will rarely ever work straight away, but one day you'll meet the person you knew you were meant to be with. /endcornyrant.

Hope some day to find again that kind of relationship... :) :metal:

benduncan

Reaction score
i dont know why but i found the she complimented me on my hat part...i cant think of another way to say this in a forum full of guys....cute

lol

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
I'm starting to get the feeling that most women aren't interested in me because I still don't look like a man at 20 years old. Fuck, this saddens me.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I'm starting to get the feeling that most women aren't interested in me because I still don't look like a man at 20 years old. Fuck, this saddens me.

Most girls my age (16) aren't attracted to me because I look like I'm 21 or something. Gotta full beard and am pretty big.
So i got a 21 year old girlfriend. :hbang:

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Anyones girlfriend ever accuse them of being gay? My ex did this once and I was like..uh wtf? :lol:

I think its all those articles they read in womans magazines...

Mine laments that I've never shown any signs of bisexual curiosity. She's of the opinion that me making out with another dude would be hot.

Probably would be - I'm a handsome gentleman. No interest though, so her wish to objectify my man-love will go forever unfulfilled.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
So I've been with this girl for almost two years now. We've been in a long distance relationship since last fall, when I dropped out of college and moved back in with my parents. We only see each other about once a month, and it's great when we do, but in between that it's pretty much hell. I mean, we both love each other and are trying as hard as we can to make it work, but the distance, combined with our own shitty personal situations, puts a lot of strain on the relationship. She has a lot of emotional issues. I'm talking social anxiety so bad that she can't even go to class without having a panic attack, low self-esteem, a seeming inability to trust anyone, a tendency toward relationships in which she's completely dependent on the other person, and many other things. She's taking some time off from school right now to get therapy to deal with these things, but right now I'm the only one she can lean on, since she's got no friends. I wish I could be there for her more and help her with her problems, but I've got my own shit to deal with and I just can't be there for her like she needs me to. I'm broke, have no steady job (I've been just working whatever random temporary shit I can find while looking for a more permanent thing), no car after an accident a few weeks ago, and no idea what I'll be doing next year, let alone for the rest of my life. It's hard for me to be supportive of her when my own outlook is so bleak, but if I don't she gets mad at me because "you don't care about me." Last night she called me at like 2 in the morning because she was depressed and needed someone to talk to. I was half asleep and not really able to carry on a conversation in the first place, and when she gets like this, I tend to not really say much because she gets mad at me pretty much always. This happens pretty regularly, and usually ends in her screaming at me, hanging up, then calling back later and apologizing. I try to be pretty patient and understanding, but I just don't know how much more of this I can take. I don't want to just end it though, because when she's not like that, we have really good chemistry. She's the sweetest, most caring and supportive person in my life and she's been with me through a lot of shit. Stuff like that doesn't happen very frequently and I'm probably making it sound a lot worse than it is. Besides, if I leave her because of it, it'll probably fuck her up even worse, and I don't know if I want to have that guilt on my hands. At the same time though, I can't help but wonder if this relationship is just bringing me down. somanyfeels.jpg

flint757

Reaction score
That is an incredibly unhealthy relationship as you described it and there is little you can do to help her based on what you have said. Assuming she doesn't spiral into depression breaking up would probably be good for her honestly. It sounds like she relies WAY too much on you and the separation might help her grow past that.

Never stay in a relationship just because you feel obligated to and if one or both of you can't seem to function without the other it is time for some distance IMO. :2c:

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
That's the thing, if I did break up with her she'd almost certainly go into a really severe depression, possibly even suicidal. And I doubt it'd change anything as all her past relationships have been like that; she'd just find someone else to depend on like this.
It's not like that's the only reason I haven't left her, though - like I said, we've got a lot in common, and when she's not in psycho bitch mode (which is most of the time, thank god) she's sweet, caring, intelligent, and a genuinely beautiful person despite all the flaws. I fucking love her and I'm just hoping that therapy can help her get where she needs to be.

flint757

Reaction score
Well therapy and you setting boundaries are your only option if you intend to stay. I'd suggest, for instance, not allowing her to call you in the middle of the night.

Hopefully therapy works for both yours and her sake. :yesway:

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
the girl i have been seeing is moving to Europe for 2 years on friday. i told myself i wouldn't get attached, but that didn't work :lol:
ah well, a bit of heartbreak will toughen my heart up a bit, so i know i can count on it when i need it!

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
Well therapy and you setting boundaries are your only option if you intend to stay. I'd suggest, for instance, not allowing her to call you in the middle of the night.

Hopefully therapy works for both yours and her sake. :yesway:

I read all your posts in Morpheus`s voice, damn.

The Buttmonkey

Reaction score
Hey guys. You may may remember me from when I posted about some girl that was 4 years younger than me, but that's over and done now. A while after that was settled, I was texted by an old female friend of mine, with whom I hadn't spoken in a while. So, we get to messaging and then we started video chatting and calling each other regularly. She admitted she was somewhat interested in me a few weeks ago and we scheduled a date to go see The Hobbit and eat dinner together. Well Tuesday, I was going up to Atlanta to go see Devin Townsend and Gojira (She lives in ATL at school) and we decided to go out for a brief dinner at a nice restaurant in town with my best friend who was coming to the concert with me. So we had a nice dinner, chatted a bit and then went our separate ways. And I'm really excited for our date tomorrow because it will be my first date EVER. :D

Last time we were talking(a year ago) I asked her to prom but it didn't work out, so I've liked her for a while. She's very intelligent and calm and as far as I can tell, relatively drama-free. And she's of course very sweet. When we ate dinner together I noticed she has the neatest color eyes. They're like a pale blue-green which somehow manages to be bright at the same time.

I'm 17 now and a high school senior and she's 18 and a college freshman. I'm very excited to see where this might go. Who knows? She might be a horny one lol.

jk jk

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
You're not joking :lol: Take it easy man, and don't change the game up. If theres going to be any sex, she needs to feel like it's her idea and not yours, so don't let the little head do the thinking haha. Good luck pimp!

')