SS.org'ers, vote on the albums of 2009!

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Best of 2009:

Born of Osiris- A Higher Place (Amazing technicality :shred:)
Dying Fetus- Descend Into Depravity (Amazing brutality :hbang:
Animals as Leaders (Amazing jazziness :cool:)

Biggest Letdown:

Suicide Silence- No Time to Bleed (this album seriously sucked. Their older stuff was actually pretty decent for deathcore, but this album was just straight suck-a-tude. No ingenuity or anything, they became just another generic myspace deathcore band.

Best Production:

Born of Osiris- A Higher Place (The production was much better I thought. A lot cleaner, more natural sounding. The vocals were a major improvement and mixed in a lot better. Drums were amazing, as in TNR. And they ditched the 5-minute long breakdowns :fawk:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
Best Albums:
Gorod - Process Of A New Decline
Born Of Osiris - A Higher Place
The Black Dahlia Murder - Deflorate
Dethklok - Dethalbum II
Job For A Cowboy - Ruination

Shooter

Drinkin' a Pizza
Reaction score
Best:
Mastodon-Crack the Skye

I'd like to put Rammstein out there, but their new album isn't exactly amazing or ground-breaking, just more of what you'd expect from Rammstein.

Would it be possible to nominated a live album like Vai's "Where the Wild Things Are"? I don't have the CD, but the DVD sounds incredible, and considering how insane Steve Vai is about mixing, it could definitley be a nominee for best production.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Im gonna go with:
-God Dethroned - Passiondale
-Heaven & Hell - the Devil You Know
-Kreator - Hordes of Chaos
-Absu - Absu
-Behemoth - Evangelion

Theres still some albums i havent gotten a chance to listen to that i really want to (New stratovarius, Municipal Waste & Graveworm).

Worst ever:
Arch Enemy - Root of All Evil: I really dont need to hear uptuned guitars, and Angela utterly fucking ruining classics like Pilgrim, The Immortal and Demonic Science.

Vstro

Reaction score
Best of '09:
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Converge - axe to fall
Black Dahlia Murder - Deflorate

Bleak

Reaction score
Best:
Porcupine Tree - The Incident
BTBAM - The Great Misdirect
Dream Theater - Black Clouds and Jesus Christ I'm tired of typing such a long album name.

Biggest Letdown:

Arch Enemy - Root Of All Evil. And I'm a HUGE fan. Angela just did WAY too much on these songs. I had high hopes since I preferred her live performance on the older songs over the older songs themselves. Oh well, it'll hold me off until the next album.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
Well you can understand why I think differently when people here constantly go out of their way to bash deathcore, all the time. Then in a thread where I'm asked about my favourite albums, some dickhead still has to chip in. It's ridiculous.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Best Albums of 09 :

Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Dethklok - The Dethalbum II
NILE - Those Whom The Gods Detest
Lamb of God - Wrath

Disappointments of 09 :

Behemoth - Evangelion
Killswitch Engage - Killswitch Engage
Stratovarius - Polaris

samurai7drew

Djent Junkie
Reaction score
I was just kidding as well. Some friendly antagonism. I listen to lots of deathcore and certainly understand where you're coming from. I try not to dwell over many opposing views with regards to my musical preferences anyways.

Eli14

I can haz title?
Reaction score
Best:
Architects - Hollow Crown
Animals As Leaders - Self-Titled
Stray From The Path - Make Your Own History (this album is so damn good! :yesway:)
Between The Buried And Me - The Great Misdirect
Every Time I Die - New Junk Aesthetic
Enter Shikari - Common Dreads (yeah, that's right :squint:)

Biggest Disappointment:

There were a few albums I didn't enjoy, but if we're just talking about magnitude of disappointment, then that HAS to go to Horse the Band. I wasn't even terribly excited about the new one, but I was honestly surprised how how much I didn't like it :ugh:.

Best Production:

We Came As Romans - To Plant A Seed (the drums sound delicious.)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've listened to the new HORSE the Band album a few times and it's definitely no "Mechanical Hand" but it's alright

Status
Not open for further replies.
')