SSO Bingo. Because you neither wanted it nor asked for it.

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

A-Branger

Reaction score
needs some for of tone wood debate, you know the classic "what wood is better for X sound?"..... or "what pickups goes with X wood"... or "X wood is snappier, Y is warmer, Z gives you more mids"

either way, let all play and Have Fun With It ;)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I think we could tighten some of these up. I mean, BKPs is really like... "Can anyone tell me what BKPs would be best for a guitar with a maple neck?" and blackmachine is really, "Blackmachines? Are they really worth $125k?"
I think it risks becoming too specific if it starts modeling questions after certain brands.
it isn't something I have encountered on SSO, so I just wondered, since it almost makes sense to make a reverb based on phonon modes in crystal lattice structuces, though not entirely.
I embellished it a little bit, but years ago there was a video floating around with a guy talking about crystal lattice reverb.
If I was going to add anything, it would be a "New to recording, what gear do I need?" tile. Seems like sometimes there's a new thread like that per week.
Based on how common that question is, yeah, it certainly meets that criteria. However, it's not nearly snarky enough. ;)
needs some for of tone wood debate, you know the classic "what wood is better for X sound?"..... or "what pickups goes with X wood"... or "X wood is snappier, Y is warmer, Z gives you more mids"
See above about questions becoming too specific. Not to mention, the tonewood debate has been played out across the whole internet at this point, not just SSO. I figured the "Rosewood/Basswood sucks!" tiles effectively encapsulated SSO's historical contribution to that debate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
At least we still have likes. We just can't accumulate them and put them on display as easily as before.

tedtan

Reaction score
I embellished it a little bit, but years ago there was a video floating around with a guy talking about crystal lattice reverb.

It started with Howard/Alexander Dumble stating that tube amps are better because the note's delicate harmonics can't survive in the solid state amp's crystal lattice:

Then, someone made a pedal called the Crystal Lattice, a Dumble in a box type pedal:

But I missed the reverb one. Anyone have a link?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I just mean you have to go looking for them. They aren't on display under your picture like the rep used to be, for everyone to see, on every post.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
But I missed the reverb one. Anyone have a link?
You know, I could have sworn I saw people throwing other nouns like reverb in front of that phrase to mock it, but now that I've gone looking, I can't actually find anything. :shrug:

Oh well, free square, because we all know that we want Crystal Lattice Harmonic Resonance Reverb™. :lol:

Edika

Reaction score
I wonder where the Sexxxiverse guitar is right now!

Even though BKP have been a staple of SSO, Fishman Fluence are taking over and will be the new BKP soon enough.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Mine was sold to a German mate, the OG seXXXIverse I have no idea of and the red "Industrial JEM 7" is still with James IIRC. We had some absolutely kickass takes on the UV and JEM in this forum.

Those were different times... before the dark age of used Prestiges...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mine was sold to a German mate, the OG seXXXIverse I have no idea of and the red "Industrial JEM 7" is still with James IIRC. We had some absolutely kickass takes on the UV and JEM in this forum.

Those were different times... before the dark age of used Prestiges...
Fear not, though. Now we just tell everyone to either just buy a 5150, or just buy a RG550, or sometimes both. :yesway:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh get off my lawn.

NudeMan.jpg
NUDE MAN

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh damn, I forgot the classic "SSO is down, might as well go post about it on MG."

(Yeah, I'm totally guilty of that. :lol:)

Ah, those were the days.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
"Just get Aftermaths man"

Seriously, that was a good two years of hype right there.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score

Yeah, the Sexxxiverse was a thing to behold. Shannon is probably the only one who has stage photos with them. Then it became the promiscuous minx and got sold to 12 different people I think. :lol:

_DSC3910.jpg

The Strypoverse was pretty cool too.