SSO: Deep Thoughts

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
reddit is just as toxic as other forms of social media IME.
I think it has it's own unique problem in how it's built on all these little mini-silos with their own rules and values and so on. It's a structure than encourages separating into clubs, and the way that mods are sort of kings of their own little kingdoms, etc. All the social medias are their own special kind of awful, I guess.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Chiropractors are the worst thing to come out of the midwest since Bob Dylan
I used to think going to the chiropractor was useful until I realised it had been 4 years of steady visits and I felt basically the same in my back.

The last straw for me was when I switched chiropractors to one that was closer to where I live and she was so inconsistent with realigning my back and neck; every single time she would say "good!" the same way after each realignment even though I knew which ones were shit and she didn't actually get it, so what metric are they even using for what's a good vs bad realignment?

Message therapy helps way more in my experience with relieving any soreness or aches.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I used to think going to the chiropractor was useful until I realised it had been 4 years of steady visits and I felt basically the same in my back.

The last straw for me was when I switched chiropractors to one that was closer to where I live and she was so inconsistent with realigning my back and neck; every single time she would say "good!" the same way after each realignment even though I knew which ones were shit and she didn't actually get it, so what metric are they even using for what's a good vs bad realignment?

Message therapy helps way more in my experience with relieving any soreness or aches.
I hate chiropractors with a passion. They are nothing more than uppity massage therapists masquerading as "doctors". There is zero evidence to support any kind of neck or spinal manipulation as being actually beneficial for patients. If anything Chiros are dangerous fucking quacks who kill or maim people with their "adjustments". Any of the actually effective shit they do is just lifted directly from physical therapists e.g TENS and most rehab exercises.

On a sliding scale of alternative medicine chiros are basically on par with alkaline water and the idea that vaccines cause autism. e.g. They're fucking useless and dangerous.
There's a far more significant body of evidence supporting acupuncture and essential oils to put into perspective how useless chiros actually are.

I've had lower back problems ever since I got out of the military and the main thing that has mitigated it is regular strength and conditioning. Proper positioning when lifting or working on patients also makes a huge difference too.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I've been getting dry needling, which is similar to acupuncture, as part of my PT for a couple years now and that shit works. TENS is great, too.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
When your poop is two densities and the turd floats at one end but sinks at the other.
Doesn't sound like you have a balanced diet
Screenshot_20240726_064950_DuckDuckGo.jpg

')