SSO Home Depot Contest feeler

• Thread starter Customisbetter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

muffinbutton

knows the muffin man
Reaction score
Got a better comparison, something like walmart or target would be allowed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
As long as you aren't getting hand-selected hardwoods from a lumberyard, or something, I think you'll be fine. They don't sound so much like rules as they do guidelines.

OfArtAndArsenal

Reaction score
Why not just have a due date, as suggested, on January 1st, 2014?

Thank you.

Yeah I think the idea is the materials must come from someplace readily available to the average Joe. RadioShack I would think would apply as well.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I think the people that are "running" this just need to make an executive decision so we can get this nailed down. I feel like most people get the essence of what this is about but are debating really subjective elements.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
All I'll add is that it would be neat to have a sub-section added for the competition in the luthiery forum, like they do in TDPRI's build competitions.

Now...

image.png

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
The mods are going to be the ones administering things. Keep your eyes peeled for an official thread when they have everything nailed down. :)

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Well, I'm out. Seems like I'll be out of the country for a good while. Anywho, I'll share the idea I was working on.

It was going to be a headless fanned 5 stringer. The tricky part was making good tuners out of home depot stuff, and this is what I came up with.

Use a door bolt for each string!
copper-bolt-copper-with-the-door-latch-bolt.jpg

The strings would either be tied around the little knob thing, or I'd solder a hook or something. To tune it, the bolt would have a screw running lengthwise which would be secured to another piece behind the bolt. Tightening the screw would pull the bolt backwards towards the other piece and viceversa.

ferret

Reaction score
I was wondering what happened to this idea the other day...

XxJoshxX

Djentleman
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what it would take to get this to happen?

Latest posts

')