Stambaugh 8 String

• Thread starter ricez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricez

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently received my second 8-string from New Hampshire builder Chris Stambaugh. The specs for this instrument are:

-28" Scale(I am using a low F# to High E tuning with a 9 set of D 'addarios with a 70 or 72 on the bottom. I am still experimenting with the gauges.)
-Birds Eye Maple Fretboard
-Sperzel Locking Tuners
-Graphtech Ghost Saddles with acoustic pre-amp and synth pre-amp
-Custom Aero Pickups
-Mahogany body

Chris can build just about anything you can dream up. He is a super nice guy and his prices are very reasonable. Check out his site: stambaughdesigns.com. My band Storms Approach is working on some new material with the 8, so you should hear some samples soon.

Attachments

• DSC01955 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01955 (Medium).JPG
    24 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC01956 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01956 (Medium).JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC01957 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01957 (Medium).JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 202

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
The neck looks awesome, looks like it was made from a really nicely figured piece of wood. Not so keen on the pickups though, I love the wood look and the exposed pole pieces, but the design looks too thin almost, they look like they should be bigger to fit the guitar more.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool! I know Stambaugh has an excellent reputation with the custom basses he's made.

ricez

Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got around to recording a tune/video with the Stambaugh 8. The guitar was modified from the original photos I posted. It now has Lundgren M8's from my fanned-fret 8. The original pickups didn't have the tone I was looking for, and the Lundgrens really fattened things up. The video doesn't show much going on with the 8th string, but the Rhythm guitars in the backing track use it quite a bit. Here is the link:

YouTube - Passing Through Time by Eric Clemenzi

')