Standard or Drop (Poll)

• Thread starter RGA8
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Standard or Drop

• Standard

Votes: 136 48.7%
  • Drop

Votes: 143 51.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nutsock

Reaction score
6-drop c
7-drop a
used to hate playing drop tunings for the longest time because i felt i came up with the same sounding riffs but after playing mostly drop c songs with my band im alot more comfortable with them to the point where thats what i mostly play in

jazz_munkyy

Reaction score
i for the most part i play in A standard on my 7 string sometimes venturing to F standard and C# standard on my 6 string sometimes i use drop G or drop B.

its kinda funny to me seeing as i used to use drop tunnings as much as possible when i first started

Throat Hole

Reaction score
for me it depends on which band i'm playing in and what song it is

in my main band almost all the material is in drop C

in my other band we alternate between Eb standard and drop C#

as far as 7 strings go i usually keep my schecter in A standard, my 7421 in Bb and my jackson DR7 in B standard

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Usually standard. My band that uses 7s has one song that was originally written in drop-D on a 6, so we need to retune if using that in a set.

At home I usually only play around with drop tunings on 6ers, buta have also tried Drop-E on my 8.

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
I definitely appreciate Standard tuning a bit more (normally C#, F#, B, E, G#, C#)

But Drop tunings can be fun every now and then.

fr4nci2c0

Reaction score
I used to play only in dropped tuning and than someone told me that playing in dropped is stupid, so I took that as a challenge to try to write music in standard. Now I love standard. My aucoustic is in eadgbe and my electric is in C# standard. I feel like standard forces me to play melodically. When I am in dropped my music is more aggressive. I like both though! dont get me wrong. What do you guys think ? whats the difference between standard and dropped for you?

')