Star body/stealth/Satan stuff

Tukaar

Bringer of DOOOOOOOM
Reaction score
I haven't posted on here, forever so howdy, y'all!

On to the nitty gritty,
I play doom, but the idiot metal kid in me loves pointy weird 80sish guitars. As such, I'm looking for any companies that still make Star body guitars with set necks, preferably. I'm not opposed to the custom route, but I'd prefer something factory made for financial reasons. I'm currently lamenting that BC Rich stopped making the Stealth once again, as I'd also be into that, and they did have an import line of those for a minute.

Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
If you're into the Stealth, I'd look into the Ibanez Xiphos. They haven't seemed to hold their value very well. There's one on the classifieds now if it's still available.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Ibanez Xiphos, Charvel Desolation, LTD EX, Jackson Warrior?

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
Edwards did a cool set neck star shaped guitar. One on ebay right now. My fave though would be to track down a used guil x82 nova.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Why not just go for a used Stealth? They're typically priced between $400 and $700 depending on the model. The 80s NJ one I bought just a few months ago I got for only $250.

NSE

Reaction score
I picked a up a Charvel Desolation for £150 brand new when GAK had a sale on. Its a nice guitar, plays well.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I still need to fix up my Washburn Culprit.... I got it disemboweled and it hangs on the guitar stand with no pickups for.... well, a long time now...

Moltar

Reaction score
I'm someone who also really loves X shaped guitars(as well as V's), and I was also pissed when BC Rich stopped making the stealth line, particularly the 7 string version. But you should check out the newest Jeff Loomis signature the Schecter Cygnus, I think it's pretty cool I would love one myself. Its a neck through though not a set neck, but the stealth is neck through as well...

Latest posts

')