Star Wars ruined (Episode 7, Disney)?

• Thread starter Xiphos68
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soundgardener75

Resident Weirdo
Reaction score
546876_10151271975995272_161720127_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Have you heard about Donald Ducks nephews?

Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Chewie.

:squint:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I loved the original trilogy and episode one, but after that they were not that great. Fleeting moments of awesome, but otherwise dull. The third film was just filler mostly leading up to the birth of Vader.

That being said, Disney make great films, and the pressure on them to make these films live up to expectations is great. With good writers and directors, there's no reason they can't be awesome.

I believe the new films are set 30-40 years after the first trilogy, and follow the rebuilding of the republic, the jedi order and the new sith. Hamill and co might make cameos, but they won't be main characters.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
I loved the original trilogy and episode one, but after that they were not that great. Fleeting moments of awesome, but otherwise dull. The third film was just filler mostly leading up to the birth of Vader.

That being said, Disney make great films, and the pressure on them to make these films live up to expectations is great. With good writers and directors, there's no reason they can't be awesome.

I believe the new films are set 30-40 years after the first trilogy, and follow the rebuilding of the republic, the jedi order and the new sith. Hamill and co might make cameos, but they won't be main characters.

I think thats actually an awesome idea. I rem someone telling me that in one of the books, one of Han and Leia's kids finds the perfect balance of Jedi and Sith powers. I think it would be awesome if this became part of the main storyline.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
THIS x100000000000 :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Sadly looks like no Zahn involvement. Lucas apparently sold Disney a screenplay with the company and rights. So probably no Thrawn, sad to say.

Makes me want to pick up those books again though. Last read them when I was 14...

Reaction score
Apparently it is true. Disney has bought Lucasfilm and now owns Star Wars and they plan on making a Star Wars Episode 7.

Disney Buys LucasFilm; ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Set for 2015, Kicking Off New Series | /Film

Edit: If they go back as stated below. It could be pretty cool.
But if they keep going forward (it'll be a disaster).

2nd Edit: Lucas on the subject. Overall it wasn't a bad idea for him to sell the company (it actually was a good idea).
But it's Disney's resonisibilty to make the movies great for the fans and etc. Yes. I did enjoy the pre-quels (my childhood).
Though I did see the flaws as I got older. Though they were still good just not as good as the Original.

This is awesome news. Now Disney can do a 2.5 hour movie exploring the untold story of Jar Jar Binks life.:spock:

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
I think this has the potential to be awesome if they do stuff from the expanded universe, etc... I dunno if they'll do stuff with Mark Hamill as Luke though. He ain't exactly looking very Jedi-like these days:

Mark+Hamill+Comic+Con+International+2012+Stan+FwUOAgbCXtEl.jpg

HOLY FUCK :eek: doesn't he look almost exactly like Darth Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi... when Young Luke took the helmet and mask off Darth Vader! :bowdown:

JEDI MIND FUCK! :nuts:

wankerness

Reaction score
HOLY FUCK :eek: doesn't he look almost exactly like Darth Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi... when Young Luke took the helmet and mask off Darth Vader! :bowdown:

JEDI MIND FUCK! :nuts:

Umm, no, he doesn't at all, haha.

lslLw.png

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
If I was that actor, I'd be pissed that they covered up my fucking face. What's the point of being in a movie if they erase you later?

K3V1N SHR3DZ

Reaction score
I hope Kirk fights the Borg in Episode VII. They are my favorite star wars villians.

')