Star Wars ruined (Episode 7, Disney)?

• Thread starter Xiphos68
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Even worse is when the replace him with Hayden Christensen later in the film :ugh:

Before those dvds came out there was a rampant rumour that they'd replaced the actor entirely in that scene with Hayden Christiansen in the makeup CGI'd in. I'm somewhat surprised they didn't do that for the blu-ray or something, though that probably wouldn't have been as bad as the NOOOOOO.

I don't really mind that change at all, I mean, it IS a continuity error if he has eyebrows when his whole face got set on fire. It's certainly a far more understandable change than the awful CGI music number inserted into the beginning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groph

Reaction score
I wasn't there for the magic of seeing the original three movies in theatres so as I came "of age" I became of the opinion that Star Wars is pretty damn overrated. I was the "right" age when Episode One came out and of course being an eight year old I had no standards so I just looked right past the stupid slapstick droid humor, Jar Jar Binks and the godawful acting and scripting.

This isn't to say that I hate the Star Wars series, I like them, they're just not a major guiding force (hurr hurr) in my life.

I'll admit that I am a total SUCKER for "dark and gritty" so much that I'd watch My Little Pony if they made one of them a murderer and put a blue/gray filter over the show so I'd love it if they made Star Wars more "serious" but, like a big tobacco company they've got to market this cash cow to a younger demographic so I don't have great expectations. Holy run on sentence. But again, they can totally make a movie kids love without Gungan assistance. Everything just seemed so trivial in the 3 "new" Star Wars movies. I remembered actually being afraid of Jabba the Hutt. Granted I was like ten and E.T. scared me but imagine how far you could go with a character who is basically the head of an interstellar drug cartel? This dude tosses people into a pit to be ripped apart by a Rancor for FUN. The Empire imposes its hegemony on the galaxy through a giant terror weapon and destroyed Alderaan like it was nothing. Seriously, Star Wars has serious potential to be dark.

If it were catered to me personally, the new Star Wars films would be so brutal they'd make Breaking Bad seem like a fart joke in comparison but really I'd just be happy if they had decent acting and no obnoxious characters. I don't really care what time period they set them in (Yuuzhan Vong War pls) I just want them to not suck. And I'm glad that Lucas has nothing to do with them, he's long since jumped the shark. I doubt Disney is going to take Star Wars where I'd want it to go so I just want at least a minimum of acting standards and PLEASE no droids behaving like the Three Stooges. PLEASE.

Compton

Reaction score
Star Wars 4,5,& 6 will forever and always be their own trilogy. I respect them entirely differently than I do with anything else Star Wars. But it's totally true that George Lucas created a universe, a fucking universe!!! Have you ever tried to get into the books from the beginning and than you realize how much time it would take? I like to read, and I have been putting that task off for years!

Anyways, before I derail I just figure this is the best thing that could happen. I mean Disney put out The Avengers and that movie was fucking awesome! They have done a lot of on the fence stuff with huge titles but I figure they have Star Wars rides at their theme parks and plenty of other things associated with Star Wars why not, and i mean George Lucas has all that shit copyrighted anyways so he's going to have more money than god for the rest of his life, i'm sure he knows better than anyone and has more resources of ending on a decision like this.

I'm definitely not assuming that episode 7 is going to bring star wars turn star wars into a juggernaut comparable to the originals but hey, if it sucks does it take anything away from the originals? nope, they are immortalized and untouchable, in my eyes at least. /endpointlessstarwarsopinion.

Fuck jar-jar binks.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to take this.

:scratch:

I do not approve. EDIT: But that's just because Han is my favorite :wub:

Also, the way it's shaping out right now with all of these rumors floating around, it seems as if the prequel trilogy is going to take place in an intergalactic nursing home. :rant:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
If Carrie Fisher and Mark Hammil start workout & diet now, they could actually get fit-for-film in early 2019.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I think they should hand the script over to Seth MacFarlane. That'll free Disney up to focus on the impending American Graffiti prequel.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Man, I was hoping they would set it in the universe, after the original three movies and feature new characters. While it would be cool to see Mark as the new Jedi leader, etc. I'd rather have the focus be on new original characters.

It would also suck to see Han die. He is such a beloved character, it would be weird to see him go.

Compton

Reaction score
the harrison ford thing is rad (he is a god amongst men i tell you!), i would love to see mark hamill put on the old skywalker threads though :lol:

wankerness

Reaction score
What has Harrison Ford been doing in the last 10 years that's so much better than Star Wars? I know he's an old curmudgeon and whatnot but it seems like taking a huge paycheck to halfass a few lines as Han Solo would be more fun than starring in a bunch of crappy romantic comedies and buddy cop movies.

wankerness

Reaction score
Indy 4 was not very good, but it was better than anything else he's been doing! :p

Besides morning glory :cool:

wankerness

Reaction score

This is hilarious, such a dead-on parody of Wes Anderson. I would definitely watch a full-length version of this!

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Indy 4 was not very good, but it was better than anything else he's been doing! :p

Besides morning glory :cool:

I still don't see what was so bad about the 4th Indy movie. I enjoyed it.

The argument I hear the most from my friends is "it had aliens, it's not realistic." Because the Arc/voodoo dolls/holy grail was super realistic. Oh well, to each his own.

I also don't think a new Star Wars would be as bad as most think it would be.

Latest posts

')