Star Wars ruined (Episode 7, Disney)?

• Thread starter Xiphos68
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Apparently it is true. Disney has bought Lucasfilm and now owns Star Wars and they plan on making a Star Wars Episode 7.

Disney Buys LucasFilm; ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Set for 2015, Kicking Off New Series | /Film

Edit: If they go back as stated below. It could be pretty cool.
But if they keep going forward (it'll be a disaster).

2nd Edit: Lucas on the subject. Overall it wasn't a bad idea for him to sell the company (it actually was a good idea).
But it's Disney's resonisibilty to make the movies great for the fans and etc. Yes. I did enjoy the pre-quels (my childhood).
Though I did see the flaws as I got older. Though they were still good just not as good as the Original.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wonder if they'd just go all the way back to the Knights of the Old Republic... that might be a lot more interesting.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if they'd just go all the way back to the Knights of the Old Republic... that might be a lot more interesting.

Like I said on Josh's status with the post you had linked: if it's not directly related to the main story and builds on the universe like the books/comics have, then it may be fine aside from no one probably caring.

If it's supposed to be a continuation on the Skywalker family right after the end of RoTJ then fuck them. Hell, maybe go 100 years down the Star Wars line and see how much things have changed and the kid's a great-grandson of Luke and doesn't live up to the legacy of his family. I don't know but just don't try to make something immediately after the original trilogy.

Xiphos68

Reaction score

That would be really cool and that's what I hope.

I've always thought that myself. How cool would it be to see how it all came together (Republic, Yoda, Council, etc). I think that would be pretty righteous.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
From what I understand, they plan on doing 7,8,9 "completing" the current story arc or whatever.

And then to keep spitting them out every 2 years or so after that.

Also, Star Wars was ruined a long time ago now.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
It doesn't bode very well when they're announcing a 2015 release when they haven't written a single word. Just remember, Disney ALSO made "John Carter"... :ugh:

Needless to say, Lucas must be dancing a jig because from now on, no one can point the finger at him for anything Disney decides to do with the franchise.

Reaction score
I think this has the potential to be awesome if they do stuff from the expanded universe, etc... I dunno if they'll do stuff with Mark Hamill as Luke though. He ain't exactly looking very Jedi-like these days:

Mark+Hamill+Comic+Con+International+2012+Stan+FwUOAgbCXtEl.jpg

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
As if the prequels weren't bad enough they gotta go further the diminishing of this franchise by making another movie(s)

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
I think this has the potential to be awesome if they do stuff from the expanded universe, etc... I dunno if they'll do stuff with Mark Hamill as Luke though. He ain't exactly looking very Jedi-like these days:

Mark+Hamill+Comic+Con+International+2012+Stan+FwUOAgbCXtEl.jpg

"Use the forks Luke! To get me another deep fried mars bar."

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
You're forgetting that the reason the prequels sucked is because George Lucas can't direct. He won't be directing these, so they have the potential to not to suck.

Reaction score
Everybody just needs to back the fuck off from Star Wars.

It's bad enough that the only watchable movies are the first three, and the only versions of those which have not been fucked over by George were made painstakingly reconstructed by some movie student (all available versions since the VHS release have been heavily modified).

Cant they just go ahead and reboot spiderman or the hulk again? No one will buy ( as in seriously considering them part of the main story) the new versions. It will just be another crappy scifi movie. Star Wars is/was cool because of it's place in time and history. Just try to be creative instead of beating a dead horse.

And Han fired first goddammit!

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Been discussing this with my uncle. I really don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, it has the potential to reinvigorate the franchise, but on the other, it could just kill it if they decide to make a new story-line that has nothing to do with anything.

Out of all of this though, I'm glad to see Lucas as far out of the picture as he needs to be.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
I am cool with a star wars themed Kingdom hearts level if that game ever gets worked on and released.

IRequirezANewHOST

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's getting a little scared that Disney is getting so powerful/ starting to own everything these days... ?

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Seeing how the franchise is nowadays, the only way is up.

Fuck, if all Lucasfilm staff was replaced by people from The Asylum it would still be better, as long that fat, old, out-of-touch-with-humanity-and-reality fuck George Lucas is removed.

')