Starting to actually get into running

• Thread starter Origin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bevo

Reaction score
That much is going to be hard to do although I will try.
I started to count everything and got up to 110 today, I think with a few changes it will be possible with no meat.

The good news is I will find some new food to try, I may also get a jug of Vega vegan protein powder.

Let's see what happens!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
That much is going to be hard to do although I will try.
I started to count everything and got up to 110 today, I think with a few changes it will be possible with no meat.

The good news is I will find some new food to try, I may also get a jug of Vega vegan protein powder.

Let's see what happens!
Oh, being a vegan obviously makes it a lot more challenging. Come back with what you get on that front!

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I don't want to get into long-distance for that reason, I want to be able to build myself WITHIN REASON after/while killing off what extra fat remains at all on my body without worrying TOO much about extra food. (still a fair amount but I haven't been watching my diet or exercise the last few months :lol:) This is all very long term in my head, but yeah.

On that note a 10k sounds like a great idea, the effort toward upgrading to at least that distance is really past due for me. >_>

Vegan diet is doable, plenty of sources on the internet though I'm sure you've seen them haha. Go for it! :) And like Impact said, let us know. I'd love some recommendations to try. :yesway:

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince myself to start running but can't seem to get past the fact that I fucking hate it. Someone needs to motivate me. :lol:

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
It's a great way to getaway from the wife/kids/schoolwork/parents/siblings/anything whilst listening to a favorite album of yours.

SO DO IT.

Bevo

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

So far I have cheated, the Vega protein powder is 26 grams and the bar is 15, both taste surprisingly good! Having the bar after any run over one hour really set the tone for the next run as long as I eat while sweating. It feels like the fuel goes right into your body.

I also searched for higher protein breads, in addition to my morning egg white omlette I have now doubled its size so instead of the 20 it gives me its now 40 and I have the other half in the afternoon.

With various nuts you get different amounts so look them up, Almonds and Acai are preffered in roasted and lightly salted.

I also found a higher pro Hummus that helps.

The last thing I have done is eat a bit of something before bed even a slice of toast with nut butter, that is an easy 10g.

So only meat based thing is the egg whites, everything else is Vegan.

Energywise I feel no different yet some steep hills where you have to power hike I can now run. Recovery is a bit faster but that may just be from eating right away.

My longest run in the last two weeks was 33K and it was comfortable, only thing I ate was Cliff shot blocks and Nutrigrain bars with water over the 3 hours.

My weeks are around 75K over 5 runs right now.

Bevo

Reaction score
I'm trying to convince myself to start running but can't seem to get past the fact that I fucking hate it. Someone needs to motivate me. :lol:

Do you like girls?
Do you like talking to them?
Do you want to look at them for an hour or more a few days a week?
Do you like to stare at there butts and not feel bad?
Do you like how girls smell?
Do you like girls in yoga pants?
Do you like cam..el to..e?
Do you like free stuff that gives you all the above?

If so, go to your local running shop and join the twice a week running group!
The groups are super friendly and lots of fun, not to mention a great way to meet people!

Murmel

Reaction score
Do you like men?
Do you like talking to them?
Do you want to look at them for an hour or more a few days a week?
Do you like to stare at their butts and not feel bad?
Do you like how men smell?
Do you like men in yoga pants?
Do you like ass..cr..ack..s?
Do you like free stuff that gives you all the above?
Fixed that for ya ;)

Infamous Impact

Reaction score

Bevo

Reaction score
My first trail race on the season is in a few days a I have a cold, man that sucks!!
Its a head cold so hopefully it will stay away from the chest and I can still race!!

Handbanana

Reaction score
Running sucks, but its necessary. One of the best things you can do for your body. Hell I just ran my Navy PFA, and it was terrible. But we do it for a reason.

Bevo

Reaction score
For most yeah but not for me and the people I run with, its an adiction, passion or religion to very many people.

Tiger

Reaction score
Running sucks, but its necessary. One of the best things you can do for your body. Hell I just ran my Navy PFA, and it was terrible. But we do it for a reason.

Haha yea man, I just got to my new station and I've been helping run the PFA's for this cycle the last two weeks and its been interesting to say the least. Sometimes it seems like people will do ANYTHING to pass those besides exercise. :)

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I'm back running..... Again! Did a lot better then I was expecting, was gone for 30 mins and only walked about 5 minutes of it, although i was jogging pretty slow.. But I'll get back into the mojo of things soon, seems to improve faster each time around.

Bevo

Reaction score
I think lots of people write off running because they never get used to it. The first few weeks are hard but after that you gain strength and stamina and off you go.

Stick too it and it will get better!

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Been a long while since I posted in here. I was running 3-4 miles a day, Monday through Friday, back in October (and the 6-7 months prior to that) as well as doing Kettlebell workouts 3 times a week (strength training). The first week of November was a huge change in my life and I stopped all together. It is now 6 months-ish since I stopped and today I went and bought some new running shoes, gym shorts and protein for weight training. On Monday I am renewing my gym membership and starting all over again. I will definitely update this thread with my progress back into shape. Took me a long time to get up to where I was...it's a long road back I suppose:lol: Can't wait until I get back up to that though. As much as I hated running, I loved running. Nothing but me time and just an hour and a half to two hours of music and thinking about life.

Bevo

Reaction score
Welcome back!

Hope your issues were positive like a kid and your back to doing great!

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Welcome back!

Hope your issues were positive like a kid and your back to doing great!

My issues were not negative so no worries there. Basically I had a "career" change and then I got SUPER busy and lost motivation to go up until last week when some friends got me to go to the gym with them.

Can't wait to get back into it though. I am planning on starting like I did when I...started:lol: My first goal will be to run to and back from Lowes (which is about .75 miles or so from my house). From there, it is to and back from Dairy Queen (about 1-1.25 miles from my house). Then, it is from my house to the high school, to dairy queen to my house which is somewhere between 3-4 miles round trip. Hopefully I will build back up to that in two months-ish. That is about what it took to get there the first time if I remember correctly.

')