Steinberg UR44 Problem

• Thread starter coreysMonster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
So I've had the UR22 for a long time and it's always been great. Recently upgraded to the UR44 to be able to record more than two tracks at the same time, but I've been having the problem that the sound from the input devices is output directly to the speakers, regardless of whether I have the track set to monitor in the DAW or not - and even outside the DAW. There isn't a mix knob like on the UR22. Is there any way to prevent the input from the interface to be directly output to the speakers?

EDIT: Another problem seems to be that turning an input's gain down to 0 does not actually mute the channel. I'm asking here mainly to make sure this is either a common problem and I should return it, or I've just got it set it up wrong because I'm an idiot.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Did you download the dspMixFX application?

I'm fairly certain that's how you would control the monitoring, though it's odd that it doesn't have a knob on the actual interface itself.

And I'm fairly certain turning the input gain down to 0 *should* mute the channel, but yet again this might have to be accomplished in the dspMixFX application.

The Pierce Paradox

Reaction score
So I've had the UR22 for a long time and it's always been great. Recently upgraded to the UR44 to be able to record more than two tracks at the same time, but I've been having the problem that the sound from the input devices is output directly to the speakers, regardless of whether I have the track set to monitor in the DAW or not - and even outside the DAW. There isn't a mix knob like on the UR22. Is there any way to prevent the input from the interface to be directly output to the speakers?

EDIT: Another problem seems to be that turning an input's gain down to 0 does not actually mute the channel. I'm asking here mainly to make sure this is either a common problem and I should return it, or I've just got it set it up wrong because I'm an idiot.
Sorry to revive this, but I’m having the same problems with the UR44. When I turn the gain all the way down on a channel it still goes through to the monitors (but not to the DAW). Same thing even when I mute the channel on the software mixer. Did you ever fix this? Or do I need a better interface??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.