Steinberger for a grand..

• Thread starter Indigo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Not for a US Steinberger. You're thinking of the foreign-made Spirit series.

^^ :agreed:

The Spirit had maple necks and were made in Korea (I think) - good guitars in their own right but not a US Steiny. An M series in that sort of condition has to be worth a grand I would have thought.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ummmm YES it's worth it. From the picture it looks like it's got a TransTrem, TransTrem equipped Ms typically go for $1500+ depending on condition. That's assuming of course everything works. Also is it just me or does that only have a single pup, the bridge humbucker? I've never seen one like that before. It's also hard to tell from the crappy pics what kind of condition it's actually in.

Also $125 for shipping :nuts:

Indigo

Reaction score
yeah im not too fond of just the one pickup.. what are the pros cons?

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Well, to me, there isn't really a pro to having just one pickup... However, if you only use the bridge PU, there really is no reason for more pickups.

If you mean pros and cons of the entire guitar, I'd go for:

Pros: Price, original state and TransTrem
Cons: Single PU, uncertain general condition and hence, uncertainty regarding the function of the TransTRem.

Cheers

Eske

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
technomancer said:
Ummmm YES it's worth it. From the picture it looks like it's got a TransTrem, TransTrem equipped Ms typically go for $1500+ depending on condition. That's assuming of course everything works. Also is it just me or does that only have a single pup, the bridge humbucker? I've never seen one like that before. It's also hard to tell from the crappy pics what kind of condition it's actually in.

Also $125 for shipping

The first M series model released.

yeah im not too fond of just the one pickup.. what are the pros cons?

GM1TA's have a built in eq instead of a standard tone knob. You can boost the bass or treble by rolling back or forth on the knob, and it has a center detent, basically a flat eq. So there are a lot more tones at hand than you'd think, from a single pickup'd guitar.

If you want a usa steinberger for a grand look into the GR series, M shaped bodies, graphite necks, but with the less expensive R Trem. Or take a look at the synapse line (can't remember if they're usa made or not, but they're incredible guitars for the money).

')