stereo 4x12 or two 2x12s?

• Thread starter sleewell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh I read, and addressed, his original question, which was that going from a 4x12 to a 2x12 would not make his setup significantly more quiet, no matter WHAT some youtube video suggested. :lol:

EDIT - disregard, I was confusing this and another thread. :lol:

:rofl:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Keiper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
my current rig uses 2 amps (6505 and quilter tone block 200), 2 cabs and an aby pedal. I already have one 2x12 so adding another could be an option or getting a stereo 4x12 could also work. I don't really run a stereo rig for the typical reason of wanting the effects to bounce back and forth but rather more of wet dry setup where I just want that straight into the front of amp sound from one side and then the effects from my helix from the other. mainly thinking about this to avoid having to haul a 4x12 and 2x12 which is what I am doing right now.

thoughts? thanks!!!

Have you thought about trying the Seismic Audio 4 x 6” guitar/bass cabinets?
Seismic Audio - SA-Rift_46G - 4x6 Bass / Guitar Speaker Cabinet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009RT0ZE6/?tag=sevenstringorg-20

')