Stereotypical Noob Question *sigh*

• Thread starter ToneLabeouf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ToneLabeouf

Se7en String Shredda
Reaction score
So, my amp is broken and at the moment I don't have the funds to get it fixed, so I went to The Source and bought a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter so I can plug into the mic-in jack on the computer and use Guitar Rig 3 or something along those lines. The problem is, I'm not getting any fucking sound! I've been sat here now for an hour fucking around with the recording devices on my computer and still nothing. I remember that I ran into the same problem 4-5 years ago when I used my old computer as a makeshift amp but I eventually got it working. The solution is probably simple but I can't seem to figure this out! Any help would be appreciated!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JakSchitt

Tonehound
Reaction score
Go onto your control panal and click on "sound and audio devices". Click on "advanced" and it will bring up the volume controls for everything. Move the slider for "line in" (assuming thats how your plugged in).That should work. And to be on the safe side if you click on the options button, you will have tick boxes for everything under the headings of playback and recording. Tick em all and that should see you set...

JakSchitt

Tonehound
Reaction score
yeah what alex said. you will avoid all the screechy whistling noises that i heard when i first plugged in lol

Latest posts

')