Sterling at NAMM?

• Thread starter Noisy Humbucker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
So I’m totally sold on the Stingray 5 and being that I’m a guitar player I’m not about to drop >1k on a bass, so Sterling it is.

That aside, none of the current finishes are blowing my skirt up (aside from the quilted amber that they’ve of course discontinued).

I’m 100% new to Sterling (Music Man in general for that matter) and at first glance their release cycle and info seems a bit wonky.

All of that to ask: anyone know of the likelihood of them rolling out new finishes at NAMM this year? I’m quite familiar with the other big names in modern import (Ibanez, ESP, Schecter, Jackson/Fender/Charvel) but I’m at a loss with EB.

I’ve actually already had a few of them pass through my hands at this point (a Ray34 which was sweet but convinced me I definitely want a fiver, then the ash Ray35 which had a twisted neck and finally it’s replacement which also had a twisted neck and razor sharp frets).

I know I’ll be sticking with my local GC from now on (no more mail order stuff that I can’t just return at the store). Just wondering if it’s worth waiting until January to see if they have anything a bit more aesthetically pleasing (to me).

Masoo2

Reaction score
Ehh I'm not positive but I would probably expect something

They kinda secretly swapped out the finishes on the JP60 to have Mystic Dream recently (used to be a greener finish) so I would think they'd add a new Stingray finish

A-Branger

Reaction score
they do release new finishes on the new year/NAMM, but not that many, usually its a couple of options. Specially for the basses, wont expect much mroe than 1 maybe 2 new finishes.

Also taking into account that MM basses dont have many finishes to start with. Bunch of new colors with the new line tho, so there might be hope?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
I know on guitar they seem to have rolled out the previous years JP for sterling but Im not entirely sre if thats just due to a little revamp they seemed to go through the past couple years.

But if there is a finish in the Musicman line just now it might make it's way to Sterling at Namm for next year.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Any scuttlebutt on new finishes or lineup changes coming at NAMM?