Sterling Jp7

• Thread starter nikolazjalic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
Oh hell.... My bank account wont like this..

I have a JP50 that plays pretty well, just has a few tall frets that need to get leveled out. I play it a lot more than my more expensive Ibanez :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kro497

Ethnomusicologist
Reaction score
For a while I thought the Sterling 7s were just some mythical beast, only spoken of in damp, dark rooms.... Glad to know I was wrong :lol:

Mordecai

Reaction score
what is the price of this going to be? i might just say Forget about buying a carvin is this comes out soon.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Now we just need a Sterling JPX/JPX7. I'm also waiting pretty patiently on those PRS SE 7 strings.

If they won't do a full run of USA 7s, what do you think the chances are of an SE version? :lol:

This Sterling looks cool though, and if it's anything like my JP100...

Tristoner7

Reaction score
If they won't do a full run of USA 7s, what do you think the chances are of an SE version? :lol:

This Sterling looks cool though, and if it's anything like my JP100...

I have a couple of friends that were looking at a PRS endorsement and got to see a couple prototypes, one of them is a pretty respected member on this board and has posted multiple times on his Facebook page how he is waiting for them to be released. Also, why would they produce a large line of USA models without seeing how the SE 7s sell ? That would be like them making a USA Torero without making the SE first. Why would ESP make a LTD Alex Wade 7 string before making an actual ESP or Schecter make a Diamond Series Loomis without a USA model ? It's all supply and demand. Also, the majority of actual USA PRS players aren't usually 7 stringers. Also, for what the cost to make 1 USA model PRS 7 string, they could sell 40 SEs. But back to the subject at hand, I'm definitely going to get one of these JP7s !

7stringDemon

Reaction score
This'll be cool. I enjoy Sterlings. I played a matte black JP50 that was awesome!

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
How are the trems on the sterling JPs? Might consider one of these at some point.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
I wish my local GC would get something like that in. They can't really do any ERG anything because the market dictates Strats and Gibsons. Plus one or two PRSi. The sterlings they DO have in are setup absolutely terribly. I feel they'd be good if they just gave them some attention.

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
I bought a JP50 on the bay for $275 with CL/LF pickups to try out. I added a graphtech nut and got it set up and it seriously plays great. I literally TRIED to make it go out of tune by using the whammy bar like an idiot, doing tons of bends and pulls and it stays in tune great :lol:

I'd definitely be down for a JP7

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the saddles are on the Sterlings? I've got a couple of Ghost systems here that fit Hipshot bridges and I'd love to convert the Sterling JP7 to piezo...

Edit - from teh pics i've seen online i can use the hipshot ones. There's a couple of guys who have swapped out their saddles for string saver ones. Now if i can swap the bridge on them for the Hipshot contour bridge that would rule.

Kurzweiler

UV7DNA
Reaction score
Today on Facebook:

So, what would be your most wanted finish if we make a 7 string?
Satin Black
Satin Deep Purple
Satin Deep Emerald Green
Gloss Black
Gloss Deep Purple
Gloss Deep Emerald Green
Silverburst
Blood Red
Walnut Satin
"Luke" Silver

Let us know your top 3 finish choices!

Emerald green or Deep Purple... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

')