Sterling Jp7

• Thread starter nikolazjalic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
l25Z9.jpg
do-want-cat-300x249.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

protest

Reaction score
Hey I've been lurking around for a couple weeks doing some research for my first 7 string, which will be either this or the PRS SE. I joined to let you guys know that the Sterling Facebook page has a vote going for the last color. Here's the choices:

1. Sterling Silver
2. Silverburst
3. Mystic Dream
3. Bahama Blue Burst
4. White Pearl

and the link

https://www.facebook.com/SterlingbyMusicMan

Zado

Reaction score
"Will there be 6 string models of this finishes?"

"no"

:lol: precise and concise

And cruel:mad:

RickSchneider

Reaction score
I put my vote on Mystic Dream but hey, atleast if I don't get my vote I still come out a winner! Why couldn't those colours be the base options why oh why!

protest

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that they'll be something like stock Ernie Ball pups like on the Sterling 6 strings. But until we know the prices it's really hard to tell whether or not they'll have a CL/LF combo.

They do sell a guitar with the CL/LF combo, but it's only for Musiciansfriend.com. It's a little over $100 more than the regular model. I think a lot of people would be willing to pay that extra $100 since the pickups would cost more than that anyway. However, they probably want to keep the price as low as possible because of the market these are likely targeting.

That said, I've heard several people say that the stock pickups on the 6 strings are solid, and don't require replacing like some of the pickups that other companies put out.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Yes, I've heard nothing bad about the stock pickups on the Sterling JP 6's. Since these are just coming out, I can see them having stock pups for now and in a few months offering an upgraded version with the Petrucci sig set in them.

')