Sterlings petrucci 7?

finsgar

Reaction score
Hey what would you say a musicman sterling petrucci seven quality would be vs the real music man? Like if i dropped in some BKPs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Reaction score
theyre absolutely great if youre trying to get an idea of how a musicman would feel and have a tight budget. I loved my JP100 and would totally buy another sterling for my live performance so i dont have to use my actual JPs. For the price tag I definitely enjoyed the ones I have tried.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Hey what would you say a musicman sterling petrucci seven quality would be vs the real music man? Like if i dropped in some BKPs?

if you dropped BKP's in there it would be a damn fine instrument :yesway:

but EBMM are just a whole other league in terms of tonewoods, hardware, finish quality, etc.

it's a shame, but JP7 are kinda hard to find used, but there are plenty of JP6 for just under $1000, wich is pretty near to the price of a BKP loaded Sterling MM

finsgar

Reaction score
thanks! i'm thinking about getting one. I just dont know if i can deal with a rosewood fretboard. Just a personal opinion of mine, i dont like how they look, I really want ebony.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
I have a purple burst jp70 with a set of bkp blackhawks in it and it is incredible. Ive never played an ebmm jp model before, but compared to my ibby prestige, the jp70 plays pretty well. not quite prestige quality, but for the price (even after adding bkps) its a really nice axe.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Just bought a JP100D and I am very impressed with quality and play for the price range. I would definitely consider a JP70.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
I have a JP70 that im selling that I had BKP in. For the price its an awesome guitar. If you like the JP7 style of guitar they are awesome.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
I'll be the voice of reason here: EBMMs and SBMMs are NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENT!!!!

Seriously.

That said, I did manage to find a JP50 on CL that I thought felt very nice (for $150, believe it or not!). But in terms of feel, build quality, attention to detail... EBMM wins every time. I can't stand the way the the newer SBMM JPs feel (the JP50 is somewhat older).

If you can, try to play both before you buy - you'll see.

')