Steve Vai vs. Joe Satriani

• Thread starter tylershelburne
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tylershelburne

Reaction score
Me and luuvibanez are having a little debate. One thinks that Vai is better and one thinks Satch is. I personally think that Satch is better. He says Satch is to robotic-like and too perfect. Is it a problem to be perfect? Satch also taught Vai. What do you think? Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
They both have elements in their playing that I respect and enjoy.

'Who's better?' arguements never really go anywhere, as there's no way you can empirically prove an arguement of this nature...it's all just personal preference.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
^what he said. It's a ridiculous argument, because they're two very different guitar players, both great in their own right. It's all subjective.

Besides, everyone knows John Petrucci is God. So why bother with these petty debates? :lol:

HotRodded7321

Reaction score
I tend to like how Vai pushes the envelope a little more with his playing styles. I think his playing honestly is more emotional than Satriani's. Satriani is a VERY technical player, with a well-balanced style, but he does maintain a "generalized" sound that is one, his own, and two, very dynamic. IMO, they both have numerous strengths and weaknesses that balance each other out as far as this debate is concerned.

I'd call it a tie. They both kick ass :lol:

But if I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with Vai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')