Steven Carpenter 7 string

• Thread starter cob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cob

Metalest man alive
Reaction score
Is the body WAY too thin for the fatty emgs he has in there to anyone else?

Maybe its jsut the technique I use, petrucci-esque, but I anchor 2 fingers instead of just my pinky(works for me but, I think its abnormal, not sure haha). Anyways, those pickups almost hinder me as much as a Middle Pickup. Just wonderin if anyone else has had the same problem or if I'm just too picky.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
he doesn't do a lot of technical stuff, but he does do a lot of fat chords and i think he plays right where the bridge pickup would normally be, that's why it's moved down. I actually played one at guitar center... I see what you mean. The pickups are big motherfuckers.

Wretched

Reaction score
Thin!? I don't see my SC607 as thin at all, and it weighs a ton!

Neil

Reaction score
I have no problem picking on my 607B

jacob6691

Reaction score
would you guys say that the middle pickup works well for sweeps, I have been debating on getting this guitar becuase I sweep a lot and I usually switch to the neck because it sounds better.

stefb7

Banned
Reaction score
I have no complaints with my B7's or 607B. I only use the neck pup and it sounds good to me. Jacob, Sweeps also sound good on the guitar. Not too thick nor too thin. Check the one I've got up in the sale thread if ur interested.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
If your used to picking on a flat/tremolo guitar you'll definitely have issues because there is nothing to rest you hand on.

cob

Metalest man alive
Reaction score
yeah my rg7321 has the pickups mounted within the body, so they barely stick out.

And I think a combination of what you guys said may be right... it might not be a thin body but, fatty pickups. Whatever it is, i have trouble with picking but, c'est la vie! hah.

And I always sweep on the neck pickup, jacob. Just a force of habit though, its not necessarily best that way on every guitar

jacob6691

Reaction score
Thanks guys, and sorry Cob for not answering your question. Its your thread, and I used it for my own gain. Hopefully I can have some experienced input once I actually buy the guitar. Thanks

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
have you considered getting a pickguard made and just routing for a neck PU? you won't have to refinish the whole guitar.

cob

Metalest man alive
Reaction score
Thanks guys, and sorry Cob for not answering your question. Its your thread, and I used it for my own gain. Hopefully I can have some experienced input once I actually buy the guitar. Thanks

haha dude it's toootally cool! This forum is about learning as much as you can about the guitar. No worries here :metal:

cob

Metalest man alive
Reaction score
haha an arch top with a pick guard? THAT is more custom than anything.

')