Still after all these years...

• Thread starter ghost2II2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghost2II2

Reaction score
I get that shiver up my spine every time a guitar finds it's way into this mans hands. I was watching this DVD just the other night, feeling a little nostalgic, and I thought I'd share for anyone who may have never seen this, or anyone who can't get enough of it. No one has ever made a Strat sound so good.

My favorite guitarist, from my favorite band, and on my favorite day of the week. From 6:54 on may be my favorite guitar moment ever. Enjoy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
Pink Floyd is THE fucking best. and this song is pretty much their best work in my opinion.

and that strat, in his hands, really is the best guitar tone ever. so fucking good.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I think i tried to thank you a few times when watching that..
Awesome clip
one question tho does gilmour know theory?
just googled the dude's name and this came up
Pink Floyd guitarist Dave Gilmour's son Charlie jailed for 16 months | News | NME.COM sux for the kid

His son is a privileged little tit. Keep your hands off the Cenotaph.

Gilmour is not really a player that needs all that much theory. His playing is understated and powerful. He doesn't stray too far from the blues and major/minor scales. What Gilmour can do in spades is create melodies that stick in your head forever. I am sure a lot of us could hum his solos from memory!

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
Gilmour is not really a player that needs all that much theory. His playing is understated and powerful. He doesn't stray too far from the blues and major/minor scales. What Gilmour can do in spades is create melodies that stick in your head forever. I am sure a lot of us could hum his solos from memory!
exactly!

ghost2II2

Reaction score
First solo in Dogs tickles my pickle greatly.

Oh man, His guitar work in that entire tune is a lesson in achieving guitar perfection. Those closing guitar harmonies at about 4:00 min in get me every time. And I won't even cover the solo for The Final Cut...tremendous beauty through complete sorrow.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
Oh man, His guitar work in that entire tune is a lesson in achieving guitar perfection. Those closing guitar harmonies at about 4:00 min in get me every time.
that whole album is just fucking amazing. it's definitely the pinnacle of progressive rock, in my opinion. it just does not get any better than Animals.

ghost2II2

Reaction score
that whole album is just fucking amazing. it's definitely the pinnacle of progressive rock, in my opinion. it just does not get any better than Animals.

I agree completely. And yet. It's always been overshadowed by Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of The Moon. Don't get me wrong, I mean, it's completely understandable that it would be, but for me, Animals has always been my favorite album, as a whole. There's just an atmosphere about that album, a vibe, that is completely unlike anything else in their catalog.

sunbasket

Reaction score
Also agree on Animals. Something about a house proud town mouse.

Gilmour is amazing, but this group had chemistry man, in more ways than one.

Reaction score
Pink Floyd is definitely one of the best bands ever to exist.

I can't even believe they have been so popular, because who would think such a large population can relate to such genuinely good music that isn't fruity pop music.

Reaction score
I agree the tone he get's in that song,not to mention the time period (1972) is nothing short of spectacular but this song takes the "gold' for best title.

Latest posts

')